• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    [FONT=&quot]I stopped up at Wyatt's in Cicero to have a look at this new range that I had heard was going to be opening late this year. I was able to speak to the owner's son Zack Wyatt, and he graciously gave me a tour of the range, which is under construction. Well... let me tell you... I was impressed with the size of all parts of this new structure. Not just the range, but also the new shop area, and the fairly spacious classroom area. Zack was friendly and enthusiastic about this new venture and you could tell he was looking forward to moving out of the old and rather cramped shop into this wonderful state of the art facility. Upon inquiring on what type of back-stop system that would be used I found out that Wyatt's will be the first in (hopefully) many ranges to use the wonderful polymer that "Just Shoot Me Products" has developed for use in reactive targets. Zach says that the back-stop system could actually stop a 20MM cannon round!!! :eek: The range, when completed will have seven 25-yard lanes along with a state of the art air filtration system.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]”Just Shoot Me Products” is located just up the street from Wyatt's in Arcadia, Indiana and the owner has been a long time buddy of Mr. Wyatt's. The plans are to use the new range to demonstrate the polymer product line to other potential range, military, governmental, and civilian customers. I can't wait for the place to open in late November![/FONT][FONT=&quot] Related links:[/FONT]

Just Shoot Me Products ----> Shooting Range Targets, Reactive Targets - Just Shoot Me Products

Wyatt's on Google Maps ----> wyatt's sporting goods - Google Maps

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's terrific! I've really been looking forward to the opening of their new range. I've been by there a few times to see the new construction, but haven't had time to stop in. I'm glad the store area will be expanded as well. They really never had enough room for much stock before.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    That's terrific! I've really been looking forward to the opening of their new range. I've been by there a few times to see the new construction, but haven't had time to stop in. I'm glad the store area will be expanded as well. They really never had enough room for much stock before.

Yep. It will be very cool, indeed!!! :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Good people and a great looking new shop ! I hang out there a couple times a week and have been a long time customer. :rockwoot:

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have bought from Wyatt's before, and they are nice people. However, their prices are too high for some things. They back up their products and will get it repaired no matter what the warranty says, so that might be worth the extra cost. I tried to buy a Tokarev ($300) and asked if they would drop it to $250 at the time, yet each time they took it from me and put it back in the case :n00b:. That was over 30 bucks the going price! I bought online with costs and it was 235. They also had a kel-tec 223 for some outrageous price. Wyatt's = Dons Guns.

Here's a tip though, GREAT prices on ruger 22 pistols.

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Erm....no. Dons is a about a lot more than high prices.

Hurts to hear it, huh? I wanted to buy a Nagant from them as well. They wanted $150 dollars for your plain nagant. I told them I would pay $100 bucks for it, which they would still be getting the high end of the deal once again. They took it away from me and said that everything was below MRSP. :laugh: I wonder what the MSRP for a Nagant is? Clowns. If I wanted to pay $150 for a nagant, I'll go to Gander Mountain and choose from their selection.

I went online, (this time budsgunshop instead of aimsurplus) and had one delivered for $100 bucks. Its a little bit more than I wanted to pay, 80ish is a good price but the convienience was worth it.

Anyways, if the range is any good I'll definetely be there. I'm not a big fan of indoor ranges but it may be nice in the winter so your fingers dont get cold.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I have found Wyatts to be on the high end of prices, I can drive back and forth to PSS buy a gun, eat lunch and still spend less money.
    I'll most likely go see what the new range is like, the last time I spoke with Mr Wyatt he said that it was going to be $20.00 an hour to shoot.

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    Just picked up something special at Wyatt's and the service was excellent! I have absolutely NO PROBLEM paying a little extra to support the local shops. Great job these guys are doing over there. Can't wait until the range opens up.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Isn't the range going to cost some big yearly fee to use the range on top of using each time? I am still mad that Miles? kicked me out for having a loaded gun in there (in the holster, untuched). How ever will you be able to shot in the range if you cant have ammo in there?????????? They are overpriced and cant order the guns in that I want, I make a few phone calls after I am told there are none anywhere and a few days latter I have what I want. They used to be ok to deal with, if your not in there clan you are a outsider. Sorry...

jmann66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville, Indiana
    For the most part I get excellent service from Wyatt's. And I would rather pay a few more dollars to have someone who is local and can help me face to face in case I have a problem.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I have purchased several guns from Wyatt's and have always been satisfied with the transaction. Good guys to deal with and never too busy to answer questions.

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    Seems alot of shops are not wanting you to carry loaded in thier shop's. I understand it might be a saftey thing, but are we not PRO 2ND amendment here? It really bites my ass when shops do that. I understand at the gun shows to an extent. People are packed in there and what not, but come on how many people are usually in a gun shop when you are there? I am currently looking for a place to open my own shop aside from my folks and I will have to allow open carry.

Isn't the range going to cost some big yearly fee to use the range on top of using each time? I am still mad that Miles? kicked me out for having a loaded gun in there (in the holster, untuched). How ever will you be able to shot in the range if you cant have ammo in there?????????? They are overpriced and cant order the guns in that I want, I make a few phone calls after I am told there are none anywhere and a few days latter I have what I want. They used to be ok to deal with, if your not in there clan you are a outsider. Sorry...

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Seems alot of shops are not wanting you to carry loaded in thier shop's. I understand it might be a saftey thing, but are we not PRO 2ND amendment here? It really bites my ass when shops do that. I understand at the gun shows to an extent. People are packed in there and what not, but come on how many people are usually in a gun shop when you are there? I am currently looking for a place to open my own shop aside from my folks and I will have to allow open carry.

This really burns my ass too. I walked up to the door, and saw the no gun unless you are leo sign. So I have to walk back to my truck, remove my firearm, and lock it in my truck. That is a lot safer...:rolleyes:. That place is close, and I would go MUCH more often if I didn't have to disarm to do it.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    This really burns my ass too. I walked up to the door, and saw the no gun unless you are leo sign. So I have to walk back to my truck, remove my firearm, and lock it in my truck. That is a lot safer...:rolleyes:. That place is close, and I would go MUCH more often if I didn't have to disarm to do it.

They need to start having folks tell them when challenged, "If I have to walk back out that door.... I won't be back".

Vote with your money!!!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom