• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    This post is long over due. I went to Wyoming last October for an antelope hunt. It was an awesome experience. I went with my good friend from high school. We were there 5 full days and had a successful hunt. I don't have any pictures of his antelope right now, but here is mine and a couple of other good Wyoming pics. :patriot:

28at3lx.jpg

nmds0k.jpg

15g8ggl.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Looks like an awesome experience, I would love to try that sometime soon! Can I ask how much the non-resident tag cost? Did you have to bid on it, or can anyone go out for antelope in WY? Did you have a guide?

Tell us some more about the hunt. How long did it take you to find it, stalk it? What caliber rifle? How many yards?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Where were you guys? Went to school in Montana and my wife is from Wyoming....would love to get back there!

jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    This was a DIY public land hunt with no guides. The tag was $286. There is a draw, but area 25 is almost guaranteed to draw. They also have plenty of leftover tags. There were plenty of antelope, but they had all been pushed to private land. We hiked 4 miles for this one. We put the stalk on him, crawling on our bellies the last 20 yards. I ranged him at 200 yards and sent my 168 gr berger bullet screaming out of my 30-06. The antelope rared up on his hind legs and dropped on the spot. It was truly an incredible experience that I hope to do again.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Blasting speed-goats is very addicting. Have done it and can't wait to go again. Took my oldest son for a HS graduation gift. Best father/son hunt and time together ever.

Congratulations, looks like a nice goat.

Dirty Steve

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I did this a few years ago and It was a great time and not overly expensive as far as out of state hunts go. I think the tag was roughly 250. I put in for the draw in wyoming area 23 only to find out EVERYONE get a tag in that area. When we picked up the tags we could have bought more for the same price as we paid.

Top Bottom