• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    I've been looking for a plain Jane XD9 service model (4" barrel) and can't seem to find one anywhere. The guy at the counter in Blythe's in Valpo told me they have been discontinued in lieu of the XD(M) series, but I'm not sure I believe that just yet. Can anyone confirm or deny that, or does anyone have any leads on where to get one? I hope they are out of stock just from the madness now, and that they will be in stock soon. I don't really care if I get one from a dealer or an INGO member, but I haven't seen any in the classifieds either. Thanks!

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I kinda doubt the XD line has been discontinued for the XDM...I recall reading on the xdtalk where someone asked the same question...and later claimed he spoke to someone at Springfield Armory who said there was no plans to discontinue the XD line as the XDM pistols are in a different price bracket. So...by that I assume they try to make pistols that everyone can afford..kinda like how S&W makes the SIGMA line and the M&P line.

My best guess is Springfield Armory is back ordered like everyone else due to the recent buying frenzy. Or maybe the guy behind the counter was trying to steer you towards an XDM he had in stock?;)

P.S: Whenever you do hear something be said at a gun shop take it with a grain of salt because 99.9% of the time it turns out to be b/s. :D

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    A friend of mine bought one on Friday from a LGS. They are out there but are hard to find. I think I saw one at Big Daddy's in Hagerstown when I was in there last week. You might check there, but it may be gone by now.

Last edited:

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Bradis has gotten about 6 xd's in over the last two weeks and I believe they have more coming in.....they were not full size however, I would give them a call

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I've been looking for a plain Jane XD9 service model (4" barrel) and can't seem to find one anywhere. The guy at the counter in Blythe's in Valpo told me they have been discontinued in lieu of the XD(M) series, but I'm not sure I believe that just yet. Can anyone confirm or deny that, or does anyone have any leads on where to get one? I hope they are out of stock just from the madness now, and that they will be in stock soon. I don't really care if I get one from a dealer or an INGO member, but I haven't seen any in the classifieds either. Thanks!

No way! My LGS received a few on them last week.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Bud's guns has them. so they are around, most likely scarce like everything else other than Taurus's.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Keep looking! Every gun is on backorder right now. A friend who has an FFL received 4 Sigs last week. He listed them on GunBroker and sold all 4 in 3 hours and has 2 on backorder. Go to your LGS and order one. Be prepared for the wait.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Now you're just splitting hairs...they are making the SD line *which still has the SIGMA's crappy trigger* to look more like the M&P but is still cheaper for people who can't afford a M&P. That's lame they priced them higher though.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    If you're anywhere close to Indy, Beech Grove Firearms has one for sale. Slightly used but in good condition with five 16 round magazines.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    A buddy of mine bought one at the last fort wayne gun show.. head to the one in shipshewanna if you have the time on the 23rd of feb

Top Bottom