• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    My biggest dislike is that I don't have mine yet.:D I haven't been in the right place at the right time yet to get one. I'll be anxious to read your opinion after shooting yours.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    My thought was I was about to make a trip over to Avon to try to pick one up today. But I got a new Sig 1911 again instead from down the road =D

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I will definitely keep you posted. I will try to shoot some tomorrow. I was in the reight place at the right time this morning, a guy just opened up in paoli and he said he had two. One sold instantly and the other wouldnt last long.... so i snatched it up! He had them for 579.00. They are going right around there on gun broker. But i guess i will see if it is worth the $$$$ or not. Let ya know.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I've had mine for a month now. Accurate... well, more accurate than I am, that's for sure. This is my first .45 and I'm surprised at the light recoil. No snap...just a firm push.

It carry's better than my G26. It handles well. I rate it AAA+

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I have ran around 600 rounds through the one I picked up, and I love it.

The only bad thing I can say is that manipulating the slide to chamber a round is more difficult than most of the SA handguns I own, and many of my friends that fired it had trouble with that until they got used to it. The short slide and strong spring leaves little room for mistakes when chambering that first round prior to break in, but it really isn't that bad - just something to take note of.

The manual actually recommends locking the slide back, inserting the magazine, then releasing the slide to chamber the first round. After about 200-300 rounds the slide became much easier to manipulate anyway.

Mine has thus far been reliable and pretty accurate for a handgun that size. If I did not already own one, after firing it - I would purchase it again in a heartbeat.

The XDS .45 is the reason my girlfriend recently inherited a shield :)

PS: Springfield has 7 rounders available:
    721645.jpg

Last edited:

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I know what tou are saying about chambering that first round. I was playing with it last night cycling some of my reloads through it and the first round was kind of finicky. But it worked great with the slide locked back like you said.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    just shot about 75 rounds through my new xds .45. i love the feel, recoil for as slim of a gun isnt that bad. held real tight groups at 20 yrds with factory round nose. it didnt like my 200 gr. handloaded xtps as well. the gun is actually more comfortable in my oppinion than my friends solo witha mag ext. loading up every 5th round gets a little old but for what it is, it is a great carry weapon. feels good inside the wasteband and light. I think i'll keep it!

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Love mine. Took it and my Glock 36 to the range to decide which one to keep. After about 2 hours of shooting I decided I have room for both of them. It was the second time out with the XDS and no problems at all.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Iknow what you mean. I find myself grabbing the xds over the kimber all the time when we go out. So much mure comfotable.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    And i also looke a few places for mag extensions. But had no luck thus far.
    dawson has some now, and several other retailers, they can be found thur uspsa, such as arredondo, taylorfreelance. Do a google search for firearm magazine extentions, good hunting:rockwoot:

Top Bottom