• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I'm probably going to be listing my wife's XDS 9 for sale. Currently the recall has not been completed, is there any possible reason this shouldn't be completed before I sell it?

To me, this seems like a no-brainier, but I do recall reading a thread somewhere that stated the unmolested XDS's were very desirable. There are about a thousand reasons I can think of to complete the recall. Not the least of which is, I would be concerned about potential liability of selling a firearm with a known defect.

If anyone knows a good reason I shouldn't have this done please let me know.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I'm probably going to be listing my wife's XDS 9 for sale. Currently the recall has not been completed, is there any possible reason this shouldn't be completed before I sell it?

To me, this seems like a no-brainier, but I do recall reading a thread somewhere that stated the unmolested XDS's were very desirable. There are about a thousand reasons I can think of to complete the recall. Not the least of which is, I would be concerned about potential liability of selling a firearm with a known defect.

I just got offered an XDS in trade on my G42. The very first question I asked was whether the recall had been completed. I don't want anything to do with one that hasn't been fixed yet. FWIW.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't think I'd be derailing the thread by asking: What would make an unmolested XDS very desirable to someone?

Does the trigger feel change after the recall service is performed?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The trigger is marginally heavier post-recall, which is why some prefer them pre-recall.

I sold mine after the recall because the slightly heavier trigger pull bothered me a bit. In hindsight, I kind of wish I'd kept it. The recoil on mine (9mm) was negligible. They're solid little guns IMO that I prefer over a Shield. If I were buying one used, I would prefer one that's been repaired under warranty.

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I checked XD-Talk Forums, it appears as though (many but not all) post recall triggers are initially heavier and grittier. However, most are reporting this issue is worked out after just a few hundred rounds.

IMO there is no viable reason to not send it in. Plus total turn around time is now down to 5 business days. Stay tuned, I'll probably list it in the classifieds in a week or so.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    Had the recall complete on me xds 45 and it took about 100 rounds to re-break in the gun/trigger , but after that I do like it better and feel more comfortable carrying it. Got a free mag in the process so that's good.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I sent in both my XDs's 9/45. Took 3 months, but wanted a "safe" carry gun. Triggers were not bad after the recall. I had the PRP spring kit installed on both. Much better IMO. I had one installed in my XDs 9mm before and felt great, not in the 45 ,due to the fact that PRP was sold out of them , Now after having them in both, the 45 feels better than the 9mm. Why not send it in and make it safe. I never see a post for "non-recall" XDs guns. And you get a free ext mag.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

I paid less for a used XDS9 because it hadn't been sent in yet. It only took 8 days from shipping it out to getting it back. Not worth a risk of having a round pop off when chambering it in your home. Double tap is undesirable as well.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My trigger came back the same.. If it doesn't SA will make it right. I think the days of a pre recalled xds, I don't think molested is a good description..., being desirable are gone. Who wants a pistol you have to worry about racking and going boom...

Top Bottom