• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    So I procrastinated in getting my 9mm XDs sent in for the recall. I followed the thread(s) for the those who sent them in and waited for them to be returned. It seemed to take weeks/months. Mine arrived at Springfield and was back on its way less than 48 hours latter. It is in transit now. Are they caught up now or...

Did they reject my gun since I didn't clean it? Honestly I purchased it, fired four rounds and then left it in the safe since then. I figured it really didn't need cleaned after just four rounds.

I guess I'll know Monday when it gets delivered but wonder if anyone had any thoughts.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Before I stopped the emails they were showing that they were caught up. I know of a couple of friends that only took a week round trip that live in Florida.
    I'm sure after only 4 shots it would be clean enough for them.

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    I procrastinated also. But I did clean mine:): I dropped it off at fed-ex last Wednesday. The email and tracking I received shows it will be delivered before 8 pm tonight. I checked the online invoice and it shows repaired and being returned with an additional 7 rd mag and sleeve. Sounds like excellent CS from Springfield.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I sent mine in at the start. I knew it would be a long wait, but wanted to get it in. I remember the ultra long thread of everyone complaining about how incompetent Springfield had been. I personally did not feel that way. Huge recall, big problem fixed. However, I am sure that there are a whole bunch of people that complained that would have been able to do it in a much better/faster way. Glad to see you got yours in less than a week!

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    Another update...fed-ex just delivered. Like Kokomo1 I was expecting a long wait but this was fast and couldn't have been easier. If anyone still has an xds to be repaired..... This was a most pleasant experience

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    I guess I should have looked at the invoice. It shows repaired. :) Thanks for the replies.

sharpshot82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    A close friend of mine sent his in immediately and waited weeks. Another friend of mine sent it in a couple weeks ago and had it back in a week.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Another update...fed-ex just delivered. Like Kokomo1 I was expecting a long wait but this was fast and couldn't have been easier. If anyone still has an xds to be repaired..... This was a most pleasant experience

Glad to hear! My XDS was received by Springfield today, it would be awesome to get it back next week!

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Awesome. Glad it was fast. They handled it pretty well considering they've never delt with anything on that scale. Most people just look for something to whine about. There were probably a few isolated incidents that were bothersome, but when you think about 15k guns sent back to your company in a week and the process they had to go through...... Didn't bother me, and i waited like 5-6 weeks..Another reason to have a backup. This could happen to any company any time.

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Since this thread is bumped, I'll mention I didn't send mine in without the case. It came back in a new universal case.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Got mine back and it sucked. Trigger pull was way more than it shoupd have been and it jammed a lot. Springfield refused to take it back to look at it.said i was just upset about the recall. Recall sucked for some of us.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Got mine back and it sucked. Trigger pull was way more than it shoupd have been and it jammed a lot. Springfield refused to take it back to look at it.said i was just upset about the recall. Recall sucked for some of us.

Was yours a 45? If it was jamming I would have called and told them just that. If it has jam issues I do not see why they would not take it in for repair. If you still have it, call back and talk to someone else. I have had nothing but great experiences with SA customer service. Seems like every time I email and ask them where to find a part, they say we have one and we will mail it out to you right away free of charge. This includes holsters. I am a lefty and we all know their guns ship with a RH holster. All I have to do is email and ask if they have a left handed holster and they ship it to me free! Just received a LH 1911 holster yesterday!

Top Bottom