• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    So I was looking for some big dots at the 1500 and was told by the infamous "glock doc" that XS went out of business last month. Does anyone know if this is true or was the doc feeding me a line so he could sell me his Ameriglo sights??

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    Yea, I read about him when I got home from the 1500 and had to laugh. I thought he was feeding me a line just to sell me his product. I hate to admit it but I ended up buying ameriglo ns from him. I actually like the sights so far, and though I probably paid too much for them I'm still happy with my purchase.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Note: This is info I've gleaned; I have no personal experience with XS sights.

The Big Dots are great for speed work & "combat accuracy", but if you want better accuracy, you'll want to go with a different product.

-J-

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Yea, I read about him when I got home from the 1500 and had to laugh. I thought he was feeding me a line just to sell me his product. I hate to admit it but I ended up buying ameriglo ns from him. I actually like the sights so far, and though I probably paid too much for them I'm still happy with my purchase.

So he lies, and overcharges, but you are still cool with him?

Wow. You are the kind of customer stores wish they had.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Ive had XS sights for probably 3 months now and yes they are very quick!! But i do have a concern with them. Ive noticed when i unholster and shot that my shots are dead on vertically because you just set the golf ball on the tee. Its about as easy as that. But horizontally my shots are off and i think thats because there is no U shape or anything to put the front sight into. Which may though off your side to side because you think you have it centered on the tee. Im not sure how to explain it so I hope that makes sense. Is my accuracy horrible? No...but at 7yrds my groups are usually 3", dead center but 3" to the left of the bullseye.

As mentioned before, these sights are for more of combat effectiveness. It may be my trigger pull thats thowing my shots left...idk. But everybody who has shot this gun always have said that its hard to adjust for the left and right

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    So I was looking for some big dots at the 1500 and was told by the infamous "glock doc" that XS went out of business last month. Does anyone know if this is true or was the doc feeding me a line so he could sell me his Ameriglo sights??

Talked to one of the guys from XS in person about 5 days ago. They're up and running just fine and even had a booth at SHOT this year.....

Not sure what the "GlockDoc" is talking about...

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    So he lies, and overcharges, but you are still cool with him?

Wow. You are the kind of customer stores wish they had.

While I was looking for xs sights, the ameriglos where also on my radar so the lie that he told me doesn't bother me because I know good and well that I could still get xs online. I was able to see the ameriglos up close and have them installed right in front of me, instead of ordering online, paying shipping, waiting for them to arrive and then having to go and find somebody to install them for me. Instant gratification is sometimes worth it's price!

Top Bottom