• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    How do you define innocent people. Yeager never advocated walking into a mall and mowing civilians down.

On a seperate note. Are public officials on any level who violate our natural rights innocent people or are they traitors and false patriots? What does the declaration if independence say (the mindset of our founders) about public officials like that who seek to oppress people? I'm just trying to get some clarification here.

I don't feel that ANYTHING James Yeager said was wrong at all. What I do feel he did wrong was putting it out there for the meat heads to hear it and feel threatened up on their hill or in their APC's. people wanna wave their gadson flags and **** but when someone with a voice actually stands up and tries to get others to do the same then those same people make fun of him and fall into line with the other govt brown nosers.
    The thing I find comforting is that there were THOUSANDS of people cleaning their guns after that video came out. Clean guns are happy guns.

This is a discussion in which I'm willing to take part on the internet. Let's just say people and remove the innocent if that will help.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    No, that is not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make, as weak as it may be, is that anybody can say or do something that is wrong. Yes, we all are accountable for our actions and we can reap in mercy or by the letter of the law. If it's available, why celebrate the wrong that occurred and continue pushing the point that someone should have the book thrown at them?

I've made mistakes in my life and I've said and done the wrong thing. I learned and did not make those mistakes again. Like or hate Yeager, there is an opportunity for him to get his license back. What is the real problem with that? Why continue with the "but, he said he would kill people" arguments? It kind of sounds like a playground with kids egging each other into a fight: "Johnny, you are a punk! You said you would hit Billy in the face, so go ahead and do it!"

Yeager not only suggested, but said he would kill someone and that cannot be denied. I've said the same thing before, but did't mean it. I just don't believe Yeager meant it. Burl seemed to be egging Yeager to do what he said he would do, but I don't believe he meant it or would even want anything like that to happen.

So, it's not as much about defending Yeager, but urging us all to know that it's possible to have our words taken the wrong way. In this case, why rejoice that he loses his license instead of being relieved he's getting another chance. There may be a time when they come after each of us, individually, for something we said on here. Who knows?

Maybe my point is still weak, but I'm unable to make it any stronger.

We have all made mistakes Que, you would think I have made enough that I would have run out by now. I am trying to seperate this whole thing from Yeager and see what I would think of it if it was any one of us who did it. Saying stuff like this in the heat of the moment is one thing, posting it on a video for everyone to see is another. You will notice I didn't give an opinion on whether he should get his license back or not, thats because I am torn on it. I have had a second chance before.

I honestly didn't see BW as egging anything on, he was just looking for consistency.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QpFsquIDg[/ame]

Yeager said, "they had just cause."

for what its worth, I appreciate this video response. He wasn't acting his normal brand of crazy and was easy to listen to.

Last edited:

Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    it doesn't matter that he lost his permit anyways. He is retired law enforcement which allows him to carry anyways.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Saying stuff like this in the heat of the moment is one thing, posting it on a video for everyone to see is another...

Add to that, naming the video "Pack your bags" raises the question of a thought out intention to incite his followers to take the same action that he was suggesting.

Just because we "take it back" doesn't make it unsaid. Mr. Yeager's foolish judgment will haunt responsible gun owners for a very long time.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How does his video haunt legal gun owners exactly? If anything I hope it scared the **** out of the liberal ****s who seek to turn us into subjects by taking away our guns and our right to bear arms! The pot needs stirred bad, stuff is sticking to the bottom and the whole batch is going to be ruined. Guys like Yeager stir the pot and hopefully wake up both sides. Legal gun owners had become complacent before sandy hook happened and the democrats and rhinos saw an opportunity to swoop in and they did. And most gun owners were standing there afterwards with our junk in our hand saying herp derp where's ma .22 ammo at Cletus?!
    The only people who hurt legal gun owners are the ones who submit to searches an bend over backwards everytime an uneducated or anti gun cop ask them to bend over and they do it and gladly sniff the boot. Stand up people and quit giving away rights that are not yours to just give up. Actually read about the candidate your about to vote for from several differnt sources before you cast your ballot and quit being dumb ****ing idiots and then when a guy like Obama or joe donnaley is ready to take more rights away stand there in disbelief. We told you so!!!!!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That Doesn't haunt me. I hope it scared some people.

Going full Yeager does not scare anyone it only gives aid and comfort to the enemy.

1. It confirms what the enemy thinks of us.

2. It provides ammunition against us.

3. It does not scare anyone as it merely looks weak and pathetic. Those that are strong do not declare how scared they are.

This was not model behaviour and certainly nothing to emulate.

Acting this way does NOT do us any good. I am glad that Yeager walked this all the way back. I am happy if the ALJ returns his carry license.

However, I do hope he learned from it. Be quiet, study, ask questions. The full bucket is silent, the empty bucket sloshes about and makes a great deal of noise.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I had new underwear once.

Yes, we all remember that day, especially the Crawfordsville police officer that chased you, the Prosecuting Attorney who played the tape for the jury and the elderly court bailiff who had to watch the police dash cam video in the courtroom.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i will admit, i did not read all the post. so if i am about to say something that has been said, im sorry.

I dont think his permit should have been taken in the first place. He did nothing wrong.
    The 1st affords us freedom of speech and expression. I dont care that he promoted violence. Its his right and opinion to do so. We seperated ourselves from a country were saying out loud, i do not like the king, could get you beheaded. their is a reason we made the freedom of speech the 1st amendment, it is that important. If it is ok for people to be punished for saying what he said, then whats next? Going on the ingo and saying the potus is a crook, lands you in jail. I am not a yeager fan. I am a fan of freedom.

ps. side note sorta. what in the hell good does it really do to take away his ltch, or permit, whatever its called. You believe someone was about to go on a murderous rampage, and you take his piece of paper away? As punishment go, that one is just stupid.:twocents:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    i will admit, i did not read all the post. so if i am about to say something that has been said, im sorry.

I dont think his permit should have been taken in the first place. He did nothing wrong.
    The 1st affords us freedom of speech and expression. I dont care that he promoted violence. Its his right and opinion to do so. We seperated ourselves from a country were saying out loud, i do not like the king, could get you beheaded. their is a reason we made the freedom of speech the 1st amendment, it is that important. If it is ok for people to be punished for saying what he said, then whats next? Going on the ingo and saying the potus is a crook, lands you in jail. I am not a yeager fan. I am a fan of freedom.

ps. side note sorta. what in the hell good does it really do to take away his ltch, or permit, whatever its called. You believe someone was about to go on a murderous rampage, and you take his piece of paper away? As punishment go, that one is just stupid.:twocents:

I will comment on the last part. It snapped him out of his ranting and raving and he retreated completely. It called his bluff. He went from "not one more inch" to I didn't mean it I was angry on those two different videos and in that interview. I almost bet they are not done with him.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    He went from "not one more inch" to I didn't mean it I was angry on those two different videos and in that interview.
    backpedaling-o.gif

Top Bottom