• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My semi auto 22 pistol choice came down to the SR 22 and GSG 1911, I went with the GSG. But, I plan on picking up an SR22 later this year for another fun gun to grab out of the safe. I played with one for a week off and on at my LGS, felt good, comes with 2 10 round mags, soft case, 2 grip sleeve sizes, decocker. Nice little gun. :yesway: I do love my GSG though, if you want polymer the SR22 is # 1 IMO.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    It's a great gun. Accurate and good with any ammo I've tried unlike earlier 22 semi autos. Got one a week ago and put up a mini review on ingo too, check it out. Good luck with the purchase.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thinking about buying a Ruger SR22 for plinking purposes so the question is should I or not.

From all of the reviews I have read on this gun, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, if it was what I am looking for. Personally, I am partial to the durability of the Ruger MKIII series (have a MK II that I have owned since 1979 or 80). Your great grandkids will be shooting them one day if you choose to buy one.

The SR22 is a great choice. Here is one of the reviews I was referring to.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    New Castle
    From all of the reviews I have read on this gun, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, if it was what I am looking for. Personally, I am partial to the durability of the Ruger MKIII series (have a MK II that I have owned since 1979 or 80). Your great grandkids will be shooting them one day if you choose to buy one.

The SR22 is a great choice. Here is one of the reviews I was referring to.

My father in-law has a Mk.II so as soon as the gun shop has the sr22 I will have one

Last edited:

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I say do it but get a bigger mag for it

The only mags in existence have a capacity of 10 rounds, and are only available directly from shopruger.com.

I've seen this comment appear a few places - I don't know of any .22lr pistol that has a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds. Is this something you want because it would be a nice to have and make it similar capacity as a 9/.40 or is there another .22lr you are comparing it to? I'm just curious...

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    OP - You should most certainly get one. I picked one up last weekend it is great little shooter. I first thought it would be too narrow, but with the wider grip on it, it fills out the hand nicely.

The only mags in existence have a capacity of 10 rounds, and are only available directly from shopruger.com.

I've seen this comment appear a few places - I don't know of any .22lr pistol that has a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds. Is this something you want because it would be a nice to have and make it similar capacity as a 9/.40 or is there another .22lr you are comparing it to? I'm just curious...

There is room in there to have made the capacity of the magazines bigger, as the follower is HUGE in it. I think that is to comply with states/areas that have a 10rnd mag limit. The exisiting mags with a different follower could esaly hold 13-14 rounds, IMO.

I definitely need more magazines though, I just burn through them and have to reload to often. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom