• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Okay, your tube is not in nearly far enough.

(When you get a new spring,) place the spring in, with the detent over it and apply pressure. Using a straight blade works well here to keep pressure on while handling the buffer tube. Screw in the buffer tube until it covers the edge of the detent so that it holds it in place. The tube has to partially cover the hole you see where the detent belongs.

Does that help?

I am confused on how it stayed in at all, let alone charging it!! :dunno:

You say a "gunsmith" put this together? I would stay far, far away from them, FWIW.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    also
    my gas tube looks a little off
    does that matter much?
    IMG_0714_2.jpg

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Maybe its just me, but I don't see that being "off". Camera maybe? Or maybe I'm just tired. Either way, unless its way off, it shouldn't matter. As long as the CH and BCG will line up and run smoothly, it shouldn't effect function AFAIK. Someone else may have more experience with this, as I have never had a problem with it.

Was the upper put together by the "gunsmith" also?

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have spare springs for the buffer detent, shoot me a PM with your addy and I will ship one out to you.

Also from that last pic, your gas tube is off and needs to be straightened out.

If I was going to be down that way I would help get everything squared away.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Also from that last pic, your gas tube is off and needs to be straightened out.

That looks off to you? I'm just not seeing it, but hey, what do I know?:dunno:

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have never had this problem. Does the gas tube being off slightly affect function? Maybe I will learn something new too, but I was under the impression that unless the BCG and CH wouldn't slide in, it was a-ok????

Thanks!

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have never had this problem. Does the gas tube being off slightly affect function? Maybe I will learn something new too, but I was under the impression that unless the BCG and CH wouldn't slide in, it was a-ok????

Thanks!

i actually just tried putting the BCG in and it wouldnt go all the way in
    so im betting that the gas tube is off just enough

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    If you have time next weekend bring everything up to the Kokomo Gun Show and I can get it all squared away for you while you are there

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    As much as I hate to admit it, I trust Cwood's expertise. :n00b:

(Thinking to myself I can't believe I just said that in a public forum) ;)

If he says it's off, then it probably is. Maybe it got jacked up when things came loose charging it??

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio

Thanks!

The gas tube should be straight as possible otherwise you can start having issues when it gets dirty, it can start to hang up.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    As much as I hate to admit it, I trust Cwood's expertise. :n00b:

(Thinking to myself I can't believe I just said that in a public forum) ;)

If he says it's off, then it probably is. Maybe it got jacked up when things came loose charging it??

That right there is sig worthy!!!!!

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    The gas tube should be straight as possible otherwise you can start having issues when it gets dirty, it can start to hang up.

I knew it was supposed to be as straight as possible, and that if it was very far off at all it wouldn't assemble correctly, but didn't realize it would cause issues. Good to know! Thanks...

That right there is sig worthy!!!!!

Eff me! :D

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    Problems all solved!!!!
    thank you Bradis Gun Store and to Mark specifically

the man sat down with ma and my rifle and walked me through what needed some tweaking and got her all good to go

now im waiting on my irons to show up in the mail!!!

i cant wait to shoot it im so excited!!

Top Bottom