• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you live in Indiana, I'm guessing you've seen some pics and/or video of the 1500. We've heard about the thousands of people showing up since 11am on Friday. Lines that stretch around multiple corners and wrap around the building.

Due to the current political climate, what ACTION has the Republican party taken? Or does it seems to be merely talking points and sound bites?

Essentially, here's my point. :soapbox: Why in the world didn't the RNC/GOP have a team of people at this show with clipboards walking the entire line registering people to vote? Why are they relying on US to do all of the work, while their feeble attempt is to set up a lonely table in the back room? They don't seem to have any problems sending out fliers begging for money. They never have a problem flooding my mailbox with surveys and such. Yet, I never see them with boots on the ground in an active attempt to gain new voters. The establishment runs the party from the top down, it has for years, and this is just yet another reason why I cannot support the Republican party. We are fortunate enough to have some great people at the State level in both the House & Senate, but all in all, the party just missed another huge opportunity where tens of thousands of like minded folks just gathered over three straight days, all using the same set of doors, and most with some sense of political awareness.

Glocker 400

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indiana is safely Republican, and the election is over. People have short attention spans, and the next election ain't for a couple of years. No need to waste the time.

As far as national considerations, look who the GOP candidate was in the last presidential election. They are simply not interested.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indiana is safely Republican, and the election is over. People have short attention spans, and the next election ain't for a couple of years. No need to waste the time.

As far as national considerations, look who the GOP candidate was in the last presidential election. They are simply not interested.

Here we go again. Whatever you are smoking, you really need to stop. How can a state that Obama carried in 2008 that just elected a Democrat senator be said to be safely Republican, particularly to the extent that there is no need to do anything to be proactive?

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Here we go again. Whatever you are smoking, you really need to stop. How can a state that Obama carried in 2008 that just elected a Democrat senator be said to be safely Republican, particularly to the extent that there is no need to do anything to be proactive?

Good point. And it's hard to think of a more potentially receptive audience for their message than people lined up for a gun show. I think I've seen booths by the republican party inside the show (and I know I've seen 'em from the libertarian party), so they already know of it. They should've been trying to do something.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    They already have gun buyer votes... they should be working to stage booths at the border, welfare lines, gay bars and abortion clinics to try and win back all the people they have belittled and condemned to hell.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    They already have gun buyer votes... they should be working to stage booths at the border, welfare lines, gay bars and abortion clinics to try and win back all the people they have belittled and condemned to hell.

They should become democrats. :dunno:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You are behaving exactly like an Obama agents by coming here and telling people that Obama's opponents are just not viable or worth any support. You are attempting to stifle opposition. You aren't accomplishing anything else.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Why in the world didn't the RNC/GOP have a team of people at this show with clipboards walking the entire line registering people to vote?

so my question to you is, since you feel so strongly about it, why weren't YOU walking the line and registering people to vote?

People who work campaigns are volunteers

If Republicans want to start winning elections, they have to start running conservative Republicans.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    so my question to you is, since you feel so strongly about it, why weren't YOU walking the line and registering people to vote?

If Republicans want to start winning elections, they have to start running conservative Republicans.

A couple of points here. First of all, I stopped identifying myself as a Republican years ago. They left me behind, not the other way around. Therefore, I have no obligation to help support their cause.

As for my personal political involvement, I've attended many meetings, rallies, etc. I have collected signatures, worked the booth at the local fair, made financial donatations, etc. At this point, I'm reluctantly looking over options locally to run for office. I don't want to run, rather I'm being asked to run. The problem is, I'm not sure where to start. School board, township trustee, or ???

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Please remember that the GOP went left of center decades ago. The only difference now between the Demos and the GOP is the Demos are farther left.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A couple of points here. First of all, I stopped identifying myself as a Republican years ago. They left me behind, not the other way around. Therefore, I have no obligation to help support their cause.

As for my personal political involvement, I've attended many meetings, rallies, etc. I have collected signatures, worked the booth at the local fair, made financial donatations, etc. At this point, I'm reluctantly looking over options locally to run for office. I don't want to run, rather I'm being asked to run. The problem is, I'm not sure where to start. School board, township trustee, or ???

The advantages to school board are that it is non-partisan and yields influence over the single largest consumer of local tax money which is generally spend in a less then frugal manner. The disadvantage is that you may well be the lone voice of dissent unless you have three other like-minded people who also win seats.

The advantage of township trustee is that you can stop a great deal of working the system on your own decision which is not subject to appeal so long as you stay within the law. You may find that the incumbent is in the habit of paying bills that are not required to be paid, and shouldn't be, like cable television. Indiana law also provides for requiring participation in a work program if one is set up, which can be done in a very short time. You may also find misuse of township assets which either are costing money or being used to create a revenue stream for freeloaders rather than the township and must be offset with tax revenue. You may find a thousand different kinds of waste in the budget.

The only disadvantage is that it is a relatively small unit of government, but that isn't necessarily a big issue when there is so much that you can do with little or no participation from others. It really is a good place to clean things up.

I wish you the best whatever you may choose to pursue!

Top Bottom