• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    So, if you use a pistol caliber suppressor on a rifle, you are supposed to replace the spring with a fixed barrel spacer, right? I have a YHM Cobra suppressor in .45 cal, and wanted to use it on a .45 caliber carbine, but it doesn't appear that YHM offers a fixed barrel spacer for this suppressor. I have read on the internet that you can shoot the Cobra with the spring in place, and have also read that this will result in excessive wear on the threads and is a really terrible idea. Some say you should make your own. Other manufacturers like Silencerco offer the spacer, but YHM does not.

Anybody tackled this issue, or have any leads on getting a compatible fixed barrel spacer? Do you know of anybody that could make one?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I just googled "yhm fixed barrel adapter", and came up with quite a bit of info. There are threads from other boards that discuss this in depth. Apparently a gemtec multi mount adapter will work, according to one of the threads I just read. Good luck.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If you know a machinist they should be able to make a spacer pretty easy.

At one time I couldn't find the fixed spacer for my 9mm Tirant, found some specs online, and gave them to a friend and he just made one.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I just googled "yhm fixed barrel adapter", and came up with quite a bit of info. There are threads from other boards that discuss this in depth. Apparently a gemtec multi mount adapter will work, according to one of the threads I just read. Good luck.

Some info says that those adapters are for a mounting option only. The fixed barrel adapter is still required. Other info says that the gemtec removes the need for a fixed barrel spacer. Also, most of the info is for the 9 mm adapter. Perhaps I will call gemtec tomorrow.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm with M67, anybody with a lathe could make you one. I believe one of the threads I read earlier had the specs to make your own.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I'm with M67, anybody with a lathe could make you one. I believe one of the threads I read earlier had the specs to make your own.

If you saw the same thread I saw, that was for a 9 mm Cobra. I can't find any specs for a 45 cal cobra. I also called YHM and got nothing. They have no specs and cannot suggest a compatible adapter/mount. There is a suggestion that a Gem-tech 3 lug adapter will screw in to a 9 mm Cobra, but again, that's 9 mm, and you'd have to have a 3 lug barrel for that to work.

Would a machinist be able to take measurements off of the can itself to make the adapter?

Thanks for the input, folks.

Top Bottom