• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yep, if ya can't catch the one who committed the crime, you should still arrest somebody!

“I’d like someone to be held responsible,” Stout said. “Accidents happen, but there needs to be some level of accountability.”

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I like Down By The Tracks, and it sounds like this was a freak accident, but it sounds like they are going to own up to it. Granted all I know is what Im reading from the local left-wing newspaper that enjoys running businesses through the mud. Thank the good lord there were no injuries, and hopefully this issue can be resolved without too much issue...

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Whoa... Not cool

Not cool at all...

I presume this was associated with the LGS's machine gun / silencer shoot?

-J-

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's a lot of firepower for a teeny tiny backstop. Hopefully lesson learned and no 85yo rotting in their recliner to be found in 3 weeks.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not to make light of the current situation... But would 4 weeks be OK?

Hah, at least you didn't make light of it. If I said a few would you have asked about a "couple"? ;)

My point was they found these bullets because of noise of impact. Dead men tell no tales, and likely many more rounds escaped then they've found

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I'm curious as to why they waited almost 2 weeks to report this story in the paper.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Im surprised that the backstop was only 4 feet tall. I would think a full auto rifle would clear that on the second or third shot with an untrained operator.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's a lot of firepower for a teeny tiny backstop. Hopefully lesson learned and no 85yo rotting in their recliner to be found in 3 weeks.

That is what I was thinking. Seems pretty irresponsible if those facts are true. Whenever a personal range is mentioned on this forum, everyone always says make sure nothing will leave your property. Well with a 4x4 backstop and fully auto firepower its was almost a matter of time before something would happen.

I like Down By The Tracks, and it sounds like this was a freak accident, but it sounds like they are going to own up to it. Granted all I know is what Im reading from the local left-wing newspaper that enjoys running businesses through the mud. Thank the good lord there were no injuries, and hopefully this issue can be resolved without too much issue...

Sure it was an accident but hardly a freak one.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    They know it was a Russian machine gun...wow nice detective work.
    They don't know if any laws were violated? Local police turned it over to the ATF. Sounds like Andy and Barney want the people from Mount Pilot to solve the case.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They know it was a Russian machine gun...wow nice detective work.
    They don't know if any laws were violated? Local police turned it over to the ATF. Sounds like Andy and Barney want the people from Mount Pilot to solve the case.

Like the ATF needs to be involved in this, the only thing they would need to check was if the guns were legal which would take about 2 min. to look at the paperwork. Andy and Barney referece appropriate, but I think Andy would have been able to handle this on his own. Nowadays everybody is so afraid of their own shadow nobody wants to make a decision, it's the same in the military not just the police.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Officer's report says 60 to 70 people. Store's lawyer says 15-20. Hmm... Someone needs to learn to count one way or the other.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I live in Walton which is about 6 miles north of Galveston. I just read the article in the Pharos-Tribune. WOW!! Unreal!! This is why the state has ranges like Winamac FWA, JP and others because that is what they were built for VS shooting at some farm. Glad no one was injured.

Top Bottom