• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Had a conversation with a “senior” employee at a retailer yesterday. I was inquiring about reloading supplies. He went into a long discussion on availability and told me “when we get anything, a couple of their young employees hit their phones and their friends show up and buy out everything within 30 minutes”. Ammo and reloading supplies. Competition is fierce.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do they eat it for lunch? They are resellers or flippers for the most part. They just have an inside deal to get it first...
    And this is not capitalism.

I hold all of these people in great distain.

And I give 2 craps about what anyone else thinks of me.

Walmart employees had this going big time in the last crisis. Ammo never made it too the floor for sale.

This is all to common.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

And I give 2 shits about what anyone else thinks of me.

Walmart employees had this going big time in the last crisis. Ammo never made it too the floor for sale.

This is all to common.

Could be thought of as theft in some ways. They are stealing the retailers ability to bring in customers that will likely buy other products so they can privately profit.

That is not a stretch from the old Teamster deal, if an employee took an unauthorized break or lunch, it was called stealing time from the employer.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne

This is all to common.
    Absolutely. Walmart employees were “allowed” to buy 3 boxes of ammo per day. I know that at the local WM that some would buy their 3 and stash the rest of the .22s and buy all of them over a few days and resell them. That was during the 2013 shortage.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel

This is all to common.
    walmart is a non-factor this time...

I don't even think about the word capitalism, since USA became a BANANA REPUBLIC.......

there is no end in sight.
    the "choke point" this time is the "cheapest component" of ALL ammo......the 1.5 cent per round component, and the power to gobble them up directly from the manufacturers, who claim they are swaped with ammo orders from ALL the NEW HUNTERS.....what a joke on us.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is common practice here in my area at the LGS’s.
    Last spring when the government shut everything down and the panic buying started,
    one local employee at Big R/Stock n Field in HomerGlen IL told me to my face, that he was “reselling” in the company’s parking lot for a profit.
    Very hard to “police/stop” this practice.

Like anything else in life.....the most guilty one’s are the one’s with the key’s to the cookie jar.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I definitely get the anger at the employees who were poaching stock.

But they were only keeping it from the ones sitting in their trucks in the parking lot, waiting for the store to open.

If there's one thing a Flipper hates...it's someone who plays the game at a more advanced level than them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The way to stop it would be for the manager to lock up the shipment and handle putting it on the shelf.
    That would be damn near impossible. Last time I would shop on the overnight shift and they would know that if there was any ammunition it would be in a single box, maybe more than one single box, randomly placed on any of several pallets. Now that they went to truncated hours in the name of COVID I can't stand there for a couple hours watching them break down pallets full of boxes hoping to hit pay dirt, its already locked down by morning.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The stores dont really give a flying fornication who buys it, as long as somebody does.

So long as the product they bring in leaves at a profit, they dont care.
    Sorry mate.... but I have to politely disagree...
    I have yet, to find an establishment that is currently selling ammo (if they have any),...
    that has not *posted* a particular amount a customer and or “member” may purchase.
    One would think a business feels “who cares who’s buying, all that matters is the sale”.
    But that’s not true, otherwise a *posted* limit wouldn’t exist by the seller.
    I’ve even come across businesses who limit ammo sales to only those who purchase new firearms, use the ammo “presently” at their location/range, or are a member of that store/establishment.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    Unfortunately I think department managers have more important things to worry about. Doubtful that they will expend any extra effort to make things “fair”, sales are sales to them.
    I have yet to see a dept manager overloaded at the box stores lol. You are probably right, although some stores are putting limits in place to "ensure" more people can get a box.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    That would be damn near impossible. Last time I would shop on the overnight shift and they would know that if there was any ammunition it would be in a single box, maybe more than one single box, randomly placed on any of several pallets. Now that they went to truncated hours in the name of COVID I can't stand there for a couple hours watching them break down pallets full of boxes hoping to hit pay dirt, its already locked down by morning.
    I understand that, but EVERY shipment has a packing slip so they can confirm they got what the company said they got.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I understand that, but EVERY shipment has a packing slip so they can confirm they got what the company said they got.
    That doesn't change the fact that the packing slip doesn't tell anything but which truck it's on. This ships from the distribution center on Wal-Mart's own trucks so it can be more opaque than a direct shipment. By contrast when I deliver product, you can take the paperwork and immediately place your hand on the corresponding product.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom