• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Walmart employees had this going big time in the last crisis. Ammo never made it too the floor for sale.

This is all to common.
    Can attest to that! When Walmart marked down all handgun rounds, I ended up getting 500 rounds of Remington Green and White Box 45 ACP JHP for $12.00 a box of 100.

All because of an employee in the sporting goods department found a co workers stash that he had hidden.

Would have loved to have seen the look on his face when he returned to find it sold.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Sorry mate.... but I have to politely disagree...
    I have yet, to find an establishment that is currently selling ammo (if they have any),...
    that has not *posted* a particular amount a customer and or “member” may purchase.
    One would think a business feels “who cares who’s buying, all that matters is the sale”.
    But that’s not true, otherwise a *posted* limit wouldn’t exist by the seller.
    I’ve even come across businesses who limit ammo sales to only those who purchase new firearms, use the ammo “presently” at their location/range, or are a member of that store/establishment.
    I too believe their only interest is selling the product for price marked. Posted limits are simply to get more traffic in the store hoping for an impulse buy. If it weren't for getting the increased traffic they know the posted limit will generate they would be happy to sell by the case. I don't blame them for this policy but also know that they aren't concerned that I don't have any ammunition.:)

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I think I’m more prone to believe that quantity limits placed by a business are more virtue signal than it is economically-driven. It shows to the public they “care” that everyone gets toilet paper, hand sanitizer and masks. If they were in the business of just making money, they’d let an item fly and drive up demand, this driving up price. But businesses can’t just be in business anymore, they have to be woke.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    That doesn't change the fact that the packing slip doesn't tell anything but which truck it's on. This ships from the distribution center on Wal-Mart's own trucks so it can be more opaque than a direct shipment. By contrast when I deliver product, you can take the paperwork and immediately place your hand on the corresponding product.
    I can't speak for Walmart's but I do know every truck that leaves our dock gets a packing slip and that packing slip says what is in that shipment and what is on each pallet. It is all serialized and barcoded.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I can't speak for Walmart's but I do know every truck that leaves our dock gets a packing slip and that packing slip says what is in that shipment and what is on each pallet. It is all serialized and barcoded.
    Same for everything that goes on my truck. The only explanation I can offer is less specificity required on moving their product from their building to their own truck to their own other building as opposed to moving product from your building to my truck to the buyer's building which has different chain of custody requirements.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

This is a problem in a lot of things, and it really sucks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

This is a problem in a lot of things, and it really sucks.
    Wow!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I too believe their only interest is selling the product for price marked. Posted limits are simply to get more traffic in the store hoping for an impulse buy. If it weren't for getting the increased traffic they know the posted limit will generate they would be happy to sell by the case. I don't blame them for this policy but also know that they aren't concerned that I don't have any ammunition.:)
    Truth. Never let a crisis go to waste.

When shopping and the store you are used to and use a lot resets the entire sales floor it is with purpose. Impulse sales. If you are used to running through and grabbing just what you need and know exactly where its at they loose a lot of sales.

Reset the floor and you have to go shopping again.

Top Bottom