• ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    In honor of The Insurance Game thread, along a similar line:

You have your EDC on you, your house is sadly burning to the ground. You can save *ONE* gun other than your EDC. What do you save?

Most guns I have cost more, but for sentimental reasons I'm grabbing my grandad's 410. It was his, he gave it to me, I learned to hunt squirrel and quail with it. It's an old Winchester pump. Probably worth a couple hundred bucks, but it's the one I'm carrying out.

What say you - what gun do YOU save?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Tough one to answer, would probably have to be one from the front row, that's where I keep the AR-15s, AR-10, M1 and M1A. In reality I'm grabbing as many as I possibly can.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If you have a transferable MG, you owe it to future generations to save that gun above all others. Conveniently, it will also likely be the most expensive gun in your collection.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    What are you a cripple? You're at your gun safe and have two arms after all.

I know...it's a hypothetical. Hypothetically, I'd burn with the house while deciding.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yeah, I'd like to say I would grab the hand-me-down Iver Johnson .32 that my great-great grandpa carried...but it's deep in the safe behind other stuff, so I would likely grab the other stuff first...or more than one :dunno:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    If I am grabbing one, it would be my AR. Honestly though, I'm not running into my burning house to save a gun, my life is worth more than any gun I own.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would probably die throwing them out the window or by jumping out of it after them because I couldn't get out after taking so long haha

I would most likely be none or most... I don't think I could let myself grab one. I know this is hypothetical but I can't make myself do one.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I suppose I would grab whatever isn't in the fire safe. So, the old .38 Special revolver?

My grandfather's .22 rifle or my father-in-laws A5 shotgun would be the "sentimental" ones. Technically, insurance could replace most anything else.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You guys are no fun!

I would grab............ Oh no, I can't decide. Probably my Wilson 1911 if it isn't on my hip. Or the SW1911 my wife bought me for our anniversary.

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    My Dads 1837 Ethan Allen six barrel Pepperbox. It;s broken, and hasn't fired in well over 100 years, but it's the only one I can't easily replace.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If I could only grab one, K98K. The rest theoretically could be replaced, but with the location of the safe, they are all gonna make it out including me through the window.

Jon

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I want some 2015 hardware on the AR, so I'm probably gonna throw one, maybe two back into the fire. A couple thousand empty .556 brass too... :):

Last edited:

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    My transferable type56. It's irreplaceable and its got a hell of a story behind it. I'm pretty sure a fire wouldn't even scare that thing:smileak:

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    If its just one, and everything else in the safes are toast........... I might make some coffee get the garden hose out. I would have to "go down with the ship" I couldnt choose one over another. There are a few that My father has given me that cannot be replaced. One is a marlin model 10 that ive had for the last 30ish years. The other one would be a benelli m1 121 that was brought back from Italy, its not an h&k import it has no import marks and the baked black finish. Ive had that thing for 20ish years.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I guess if I had to take one it would be the M1 Carbine my dad carried in Korea. It's the only one I couldn't replace for some price.

Top Bottom