• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/12/26/2017-27898/application-of-the-definition-of-machinegun-to-bump-fire-stocks-and-other-similar-devices

If you don’t want the Feds to change the definition of a “machine gun” and give them a legal out of banning bump stocks, bianary triggers and such.......you need to let them know IMMEDIATELY. *****ing on the internet and gun forums accounts for nothing. Actually complain directly or your voice will not be heard. Before you start with anything close to saying *****ing doesn’t work remember that ATF 41P/F wasn’t worse BECAUSE people flooded them with complaints........Act now or reap it.....you have 29 days starting right now!

You don’t have to write real letter but you do have to the GREEN “Submit a formal comment “ button and fill it out completely!

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    This is an open door for a future ban of semi automatic rifles. This type of nonsense is what the Dems have been hunting for for ages now.

shootinit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    NE
    I do understand the congressional implications, but I think those things are the dumbest thing to waste your money on. All they do is heat a barrel and waste ammo. I have used one. Totally worthless. I saw a guy give his AR to a girl and he was teaching her to rhythm it so it would work. Once it did, she paniced and screamed and started spraying 5.56 rounds into the air. There were 7 others there. We all hit the deck. It was banned for use at that range before it happened. They were told to leave. This would be a good time for the NRA to step in and put their seal of surrender on bump stocks. It would silence all the liberals and make the NRA look good and get something out of it at least.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I do understand the congressional implications, but I think those things are the dumbest thing to waste your money on. All they do is heat a barrel and waste ammo. I have used one. Totally worthless. I saw a guy give his AR to a girl and he was teaching her to rhythm it so it would work. Once it did, she paniced and screamed and started spraying 5.56 rounds into the air. There were 7 others there. We all hit the deck. It was banned for use at that range before it happened. They were told to leave. This would be a good time for the NRA to step in and put their seal of surrender on bump stocks. It would silence all the liberals and make the NRA look good and get something out of it at least.

If they put their seal of surrender on "high capacity clips", replaceable box magazines, collapsible stocks, "gun show loop holes", and shoulder things that go up that would shut liberals up too. Some people don't like bump fire stocks and that's cool. As for me, I maintain the position: don't like bump stocks? Don't get one. People that can use them safely and responsibly shouldn't be punished because some people won't. You'll never satisfy liberals by surrendering on singular issues. They'll always push to ban the next thing they can.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/12/26/2017-27898/application-of-the-definition-of-machinegun-to-bump-fire-stocks-and-other-similar-devices

If you don’t want the Feds to change the definition of a “machine gun” and give them a legal out of banning bump stocks, bianary triggers and such.......you need to let them know IMMEDIATELY. *****ing on the internet and gun forums accounts for nothing. Actually complain directly or your voice will not be heard. Before you start with anything close to saying *****ing doesn’t work remember that ATF 41P/F wasn’t worse BECAUSE people flooded them with complaints........Act now or reap it.....you have 29 days starting right now!

You don’t have to write real letter but you do have to the GREEN “Submit a formal comment “ button and fill it out completely!

28 days now,

Comment submitted.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Why not just denounce spraying rounds into the air along with other unsafe actions?

Demonizing/prohibiting mechanisms rather than improper choices, actions and practices is not a very wise course.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why not just denounce spraying rounds into the air along with other unsafe actions?

Demonizing/prohibiting mechanisms rather than improper choices, actions and practices is not a very wise course.

That would be the common sense thing to do but as politics drives everything these days we can no longer use common sense.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    OP, maybe it's just the way that I read your post but it came off a little panicky and pushy to me.
    The biggest majority of the American people have forgotten the tiny bit that they learned about bump stocks, since the Vegas shooting. Their attention span isn't that long.
    If the Feds are going to interpret the law on accessories that increase the rate of fire on a semiautomatic weapon, three quarters of the people on here would have their trigger finger banned.
    Settle down and take a breath. When it comes to gun control, we haven't hit the revolution stage yet. It is still an evolution.
    Educate yourself and others. Be proactive with your elected officials on a regular basis, not just during times of supposed crisis.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Proven once again, gun owners are our own worst enemy. Thank you very much Mr. Fudd, hopefully they don’t want anything you approve of.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Proven once again, gun owners are our own worst enemy. Thank you very much Mr. Fudd, hopefully they don’t want anything you approve of.

3BF2460A-2E2B-400C-8729-F206762C34ED_zpsovmdjvvx.jpg

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    If they put their seal of surrender on "high capacity clips", replaceable box magazines, collapsible stocks, "gun show loop holes", and shoulder things that go up that would shut liberals up too. Some people don't like bump fire stocks and that's cool. As for me, I maintain the position: don't like bump stocks? Don't get one. People that can use them safely and responsibly shouldn't be punished because some people won't. You'll never satisfy liberals by surrendering on singular issues. They'll always push to ban the next thing they can.

Our government overlords are the only reason we have binary triggers and bumpfire stocks, where were these things before the 1986 ban on new machineguns? There is zero market for either without them closing the registry, $400 to simulate full auto? When we could have the real thing for a conversion part or two and a $200 tax? I know which one I would choose.

the laws the antis propose are always fun to find problems with; the stocks issue is, collapsible, telescoping, folding or removable stocks. Bye bye remington 870, and most repeating shotguns. No room for throwing pther owners under the bus here; even the NRA was barring vendors from displaying suppressors and evil black rifles a decade ago, we need to band together and push forward

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OP, maybe it's just the way that I read your post but it came off a little panicky and pushy to me.
    The biggest majority of the American people have forgotten the tiny bit that they learned about bump stocks, since the Vegas shooting. Their attention span isn't that long.
    If the Feds are going to interpret the law on accessories that increase the rate of fire on a semiautomatic weapon, three quarters of the people on here would have their trigger finger banned.
    Settle down and take a breath. When it comes to gun control, we haven't hit the revolution stage yet. It is still an evolution.
    Educate yourself and others. Be proactive with your elected officials on a regular basis, not just during times of supposed crisis.

Yep.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Our government overlords are the only reason we have binary triggers and bumpfire stocks, where were these things before the 1986 ban on new machineguns? There is zero market for either without them closing the registry, $400 to simulate full auto? When we could have the real thing for a conversion part or two and a $200 tax? I know which one I would choose.

the laws the antis propose are always fun to find problems with; the stocks issue is, collapsible, telescoping, folding or removable stocks. Bye bye remington 870, and most repeating shotguns. No room for throwing pther owners under the bus here; even the NRA was barring vendors from displaying suppressors and evil black rifles a decade ago, we need to band together and push forward

The general theme of your first paragraph was one of the points I stressed in the comment I posted. :thumbsup:

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart

christ sake

that worked real great for 41P/F.....

had people followed your advice the CLEO requirement would still be in place instead the Federal Register never had so many comments to a change Feds wanted to make. Gun people united and kept it from being much worse than what was implemented.

The fact this was released the day after Christmas under the radar is not an accident

react now or deal with with what they decide.

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart

Agreed!

86 ban is the only reason these things exist. That and gutless “pro-gun” people making consessions

Top Bottom