• ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Lol, poor guy looked so confused.

On the one hand, I think, "How do we let people like this in the army?"

On the other hand, I think, "He doesn't seem so familiar with firearms. I admire his willingness to take them on as a tool of his profession and learn how to use them in defense of his nation."

I guess that's why they have to go through training.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    LOL, I can almost guarantee that poor guy drew loaded mags at the range. Once ya have to load your own mags, empty ones don't come as a surprise. Give that newb a few months and he'll know that bang stick better than he knows himself, (That NCO in the vid guarantees it). I've seen far worse things on a range than a confused first timer. We had a guy we called "John Deere", 'cause he tilled up a section of dirt 10' wide every time he shot prone.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My brother got top marksman in his whole basic class of like 600 people and I was like man dude I am impressed etc etc. He said thank you, and then he was like but I have to say, at least in my dorm, only like 7 of the guys had ever even seen a real gun. And all of those were mainly handguns and a few shot guns... He was saying how crazy he thought it was for that few of people to have never even seen a gun, and basically no one to have even shot a rifle! He said some guys couldn't hit the target at all.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Lol, poor guy looked so confused.

On the one hand, I think, "How do we let people like this in the army?"

On the other hand, I think, "He doesn't seem so familiar with firearms. I admire his willingness to take them on as a tool of his profession and learn how to use them in defense of his nation."

JMHO, but I guess this proves, that one doesn't need to be SMART, to join, just be able to sign your name .....

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    hehe... maybe playing video games with unlimited ammo is not the way to train?

Come on, at least the block buster games like Call of Duty and Battlefield tells you that guns run out of ammo and to reload it, you reach into a pocket dimension to pull a fresh mag out and keep pulling out ammo like magic...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Come on, at least the block buster games like Call of Duty and Battlefield tells you that guns run out of ammo and to reload it, you reach into a pocket dimension to pull a fresh mag out and keep pulling out ammo like magic...
    Someone hasn't discovered the supercheat hack.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm guessing a combination of unfamiliarity with firearms and sleep deprivation.

Never underestimate sleep deprivation. We got no more than 4 hours a night for the first two weeks.

I vividly remember closing one eye and trying to sleep behind that one during classes. I thought I could sleep behind one eye while the other eye stayed open and paid attention. It made perfect sense at the time, and I was confused as to why it didn't work. To make matters worse, I later learned dolphins actually can sleep with half their brains while the other half stays awake. Stupid dolphins, stealing my idea and perfecting it.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Not true. You start with a load-out of ammo for your weapon at the beginning of the level/multiplayer round. You can and do run out of ammo for your weapon that you started with, and if you don't die very often, have to pick up another weapon to keep going.

ETA: It's usually not a ridiculous amount either. Usually 2-300 rounds to start. That's only 10 mags.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Bingo! I think what everyone often forgets is that at one time we all had to learn things like this when we started shooting. Sometimes the hard way like Private Pyle in the video did when he couldn't figure out what was wrong with his rifle.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That kid needs to move up to belts... more time for fun that way.

Since I seriously doubt they allow drunk soldiers on the firing line while training he had to be almost asleep.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I would at least thought before they send them to the firing range, there'd be a nice introduction of weapons to tell them how it works...like it runs on ammo and if it runs out, it runs out.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :laugh: Definitely funny to watch.

That said, I'll take a newbie like that Private, any time. That's someone who CAN be trained. He may have asked a 'silly' question, but he DID ask. He might be confused, for now, like most newbies, but once he's 'unconfused' he'll be squared away and wired tight. :yesway:

Top Bottom