• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Any members here that would care to mentor a first timer at Youngs Longshot Range? Thinking about joining next year but want to make sure it is something I would enjoy. I called and they said I could come and look but not shoot, even for a price. I think I need to be a guest of a member to do that.

I reload and have a 30 cal Finnish Marksmanship rifle with aperture sights that I wish to use. Not ultimate rifle for long distance, but I think it may do pretty well for what it is shooting 200gr SMKs. Just ordered paper targets for 300 and 500 yards and started load development.

Anyone interested in showing me the ropes and giving advice?

Thanks in advance,

Les

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Sounds to me like they've got all the members they want.
    Always seems strange to me that there are 'clubs' that refuse to let prospects try-it before they buy-it...

I mean I understand that they might not want to deal with the typical yahoos you find at unmonitored public ranges, but new members are the only way to grow/improve your offerings.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Cool, thank you. I have been looking for a range greater then 200 yards that's close for a few years. I have a AR50 I have not even scratched the surface of what it will do!

Lmyer: Howard Township Conservation Club (Niles) goes out to 200 yards. It's the farthest I have found within reasonable distance :-(.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Cool, thank you. I have been looking for a range greater then 200 yards that's close for a few years. I have a AR50 I have not even scratched the surface of what it will do!

Lmyer: Howard Township Conservation Club (Niles) goes out to 200 yards. It's the farthest I have found within reasonable distance :-(.

We go to 200 at Edwardsburg. Looking for 500+

Young's is in Wolcotville. To 1000.

Les

Top Bottom