• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Unfortunately I only have a pole hanging off the side of my home for flying my flag. I don't have the room to put a pole up. I do have to admit that I'm a fair weather flyer... Only because I don't have I place to store it when wet. These pictures are great !! Please keep them coming!!

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I put in a 20' Telescoping pole from Uncommon USA last year. I also fly the Gadsden on the old conduit pole on the front deck. Sorry, the only pics I had on file were when I was shooting pics of the truck.

plow%202.jpg

truck%203.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That is pretty nice. How tall is your pole??? If you don't mind what did that set you back??? I was looking toward a 40-50 foot. Shipping is a killer.

Thanks

It's probably 24' if I had to guess. We bought it on a 15-year fixed loan, not sure how much the pole factored in

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This thread has reminded me that I need to replace my flag.
    As a side note-fun fact,
    several years ago I decided to erect a flagpole and was curious about local/municipal regulations regarding such.
    I called the Tippecanoe county building permits office, as well as the Lafayette city office.
    Much to my surprise I found there are no, ZERO, regulations regarding flagpoles in the city of Lafayette.
    If you want to plant a 100' pole in your front yard, have at it. You need to ask no-one for permission, and no-one wants to inspect your anchor.
    I was pleasantly surprised, but a little unnerved too.
    I know how to put up a 100' pole so that it will not blow over on my neighbors house or car.
    I don't share that same degree of confidence when it comes to my neighbors...

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Much to my surprise I found there are no, ZERO, regulations regarding flagpoles in the city of Lafayette.
    If you want to plant a 100' pole in your front yard, have at it. You need to ask no-one for permission, and no-one wants to inspect your anchor.
    I was pleasantly surprised, but a little unnerved too.
    I know how to put up a 100' pole so that it will not blow over on my neighbors house or car.
    I don't share that same degree of confidence when it comes to my neighbors...

I have no problem erecting a big pole. Now trying to get it to the house is another story. Another Sunday night 2am run.

Top Bottom