• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lumpagus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Ossian
    This is a thread for your wishes and dreams, keep in mind that wishes and dreams are usually things that aren't necessarily obtainable. I want to know what your dream AR would be. Whether it's a production rifle, custom rifle, small caliber, large caliber, SBR, full length rifle, etc. The only stipulation I have is no full autos (I know everyone wants a full auto so let's just keep it semi auto). Also we're going to pretend that ammo isn't a concern, in this instance you have a plethora of whatever caliber you choose for your dream AR. I mean come on...it's your DREAM.

I think for mine I'd go with an 18" LaRue Tactical PredatOBR chambered in 6.5 Grendel

Upper Receiver:
    a PRI gas buster charging handle, a WMD Guns NiB-X plated BCG, the entire upper minus the barrel and inside of the dust cover Cerakoted in UDE, a SureFire SFMB 68-5/8-24 Muzzle Brake, Troy Industires Flip Up Tritium Battle Sights, a SureFire Mini Scout in a LaRue Offset QD Mount and a SR07 Remote switch to go with it, LaRue Grip Panels in Black (to accent the UDE forend), a LaRue Handstop (instead of a VFG or AFG), a Harris BRMS 6-9" Bipod in a LaRue QD Mount, an Aimpoint T-1 in a LaRue QD mount, and finally a SureFire SOCOM68 Suppressor.

Lower Receiver:
    a Magpul UBR stock in UDE, a Magpul MIAD in UDE, a PWS ST3 Buffer, a Geissele SSA trigger, KNS Anti Rotation Pins, a Battle Arms Development Ambi Safety Selector w/ 2 Standard Selectors, and of course the whole lower frame done in UDE minus the trigger and pins (take down pins, trigger pins, anti rotation pins, mag release, and safety selector).

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    sounds like you've built more a christmas list rather than a general dream.
    mine is simple and vague, suppressed SBR, i'm sitting on paperwork i need to send in to make it happen.
    hell, i even forget who made my lower. quality piece tho.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Mine is simple as well. Pretty much a 6.8 bushmaster carbon 15 with a nice scope, rails on front stock, and a nice bipod. Would add a suppressor as well for kicks.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Mine I have now except sbr, suppressed, maybe in a 6.8 or 6.5.
    I think it would be sick to have one where the Supressor sits under the rail too.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    all of my AR's have started out as a "dream" and I "dream" too much :):

but I'll play along........

Knighthawk | Knight's Armament

KnightHawk.jpg

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    I'll play along....

6.5 Grendal
    Black Rain Ordinance upper and lower
    Brux Single Point Cut Barrel 14.5" with pinned Surefire Brake and SOCOM Suppressor
    Match Chamber
    Mid length Gas System
    LMT SOPMOD Stock with oversized Buffer Tube
    Flat Wire Spring
    Geissele Automatics Hi-Speed Match Trigger Small pin
    Carbon Fore end
    Nickle Boron BCG
    Tac Latch Charging Handle
    CeraKote to desired color/pattern

I know I'm missing something, but I can't give away the entire dream ;)

lumpagus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Ossian
    The nice thing about dreams is...I've had more then 1 of them. My first dream rifle was a multi-purpose more tactical rifle but if I could have a dream "thumper" rifle then I'd like to go with:

A 14.5" .458 SOCOM with LaRue Forend, a tried and true muzzle brake that doubles as a suppressor adaptor, a Micro T-1 in a LaRue QD mount, SureFire Mini Scout in a LaRue QD offset mount with an SR07 switch, I'd also throw a DBAL-I2 on the top rail (I know lasers are way overrated and don't live up to the hype but it's my dream *amn it, not yours), and finally I'd like to get the BCG NiB-X coated (I'm stuck on NiB-X). I wouldn't go too crazy with a high speed trigger or anything like that because with a .458 SOCOM I don't see myself squeezing off shots in as rapid succession as I would with a 5.56 or any other smaller caliber rifle.

Last edited:

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    The bushmaster in .450 bushmaster in the classifieds right now. If I only had the money right now. Oh we'll, guess that's why it's called a dream.

Top Bottom