Your guess: How long untill ar15 prices normalize?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Maybe never.

We'll be waiting to see what this Congress does or doesn't do then we'll wait to see what next years election brings. Don't discount the impact of an Obama pick for Supreme Court Justice.

Our rights will be forever under attack by the liberal media and government keeping prices high for the foreseeable future.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    If Obama gets away with the proposed 19 executive orders then gun ownership in America is on it's way out. I hope the pro gun house and senate leaders stand against him on this or we are in for some tough times ahead.
    Although we are many he is gaining strengh everyday with the illegals and minorities with his entitlements. I don't like where we are headed, the thought of a civil uprising is very real and very scary.

Everyone will have to make a decision to be part of the uprise or dump their beloved guns.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Might be a fire sale coming out of New York now.....:dunno:

Once suppliers catch up, probably about 6 months or so this will start getting back to normal.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Notice that the silly priced ones aren't selling. I am betting prices will be near normal very soon. Everyone in the know understand that there ain't gonna be any ban that passes. Believe it or not some of the dumb a--'s learned from past stupidity. They won't say it but they sure know it.

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Notice that the silly priced ones aren't selling. I am betting prices will be near normal very soon. Everyone in the know understand that there ain't gonna be any ban that passes. Believe it or not some of the dumb a--'s learned from past stupidity. They won't say it but they sure know it.

This. I agree.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Imo they are not nor will they , the recent haha in washington just gave individuals more time. Stock and supply hasnt changed the demand hasnt changed, reality is as long as the threat that lies amongst us the prices will remain, and increase and the shelves remain empty.

The folks who waited to purchase thier black rifles are going to have to save more money fast, find a acceptable deal. Or get a time machine. hopes for some amazing nation wide price drop wont happen.
    For now.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    They will go back down when the public see no new gun laws will pass in Congress........give it about 30 more days. Stripped lowers will be back under 80.00.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Remember what happened in November and how many people were sure the current POTUS would not be re-elected. Don't count on congress not to pass something. '

TIme machine me back to 1983. Please. I have access to a Deloran motorcar.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    Wait until these guys realize they have 2-4k sitting in their closet and it ain't cheap to shoot.

Sell, sell, sell now. Let the idiots pay the idiot tax.

Get ready to buy when the people who overextended come calling.

ssdoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    auburn
    In 94 the prices didn't come down that much just less quality filled the market then (mil-spec) became more inportant.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    The idiots that are hoarding them and AK clones will undoubtedly try to sell them off down the road, reflooding the market... the same thing happened when it was rumored 4 years ago that Holder was going after another AWB. It didn't take long. People need to calm down.

On another note, I hope ammo starts coming in, b/c my dept can't find any for us to train with...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think we will see a lot of M4 style ARs in the low price ranges come back, probably into the $800 to $900 range. But probably not in the $699 to $799 range for quite a while because ALL parts are in short supply. It will take time for everything to come back into alignment and that may never happen.

But I also think that a lot of people already started to move away from M4 style guns. The M4 style is the most common, but also the basic starting point for modifications. BEFORE all this crap started people had already begun the push to customize.

So I think we will see a lot more Varmint style ARs in 17, 20 and 22 calibers. A lot more hunting (big bore 458/50 Beowulf/450 bushy) style ARs. A lot more mid-caliber ARs in 6.5 Grendel/6.8SPC/300 AAC for game and sport. People are already getting tired of the plain Jane M4. So those will be sold off on the used market but the new market will likely see more calibers, barrel types, configurations, etc. And those things cost more, so the prices will be higher overall.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Not until they stop talking about it in the media... Once the media ratings slide because everyone is tired of hearing about evil gun control... demand will go back to normal and supply should momentarily be high, which means the price will go just about back to normal.

My guess is early summer, after tax returns are long gone and when people are spending money on other ****.

Top Bottom