• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    This should just effect those of you that are OCD and it is only the polymer framed Kahrs. I noticed this a while back and others responded. They noticed the same thing. Most thought they just came that way. But I still liked the little pistol so much I bought another one. That's when I called Kahr and told them my problem. I said there is a spot on the back of the frame just left of the right rail that has been knocked out by the slide during use. At first I didn't think he knew what I was talking about, but he did. He stated it was cosmetic, just as I had said in an earlier post. He said if I sent it in one of their gunsmiths could fix it. I said it would just happen again. He said that the gunsmith could "fix" the hole and the slide so it did not happen again. He said most people choose not to send their pistols back because it is only cosmetic. I won't be sending mine back, but it seems like if they know how to fix it, why don't they fix it before they ship them.:dunno:
    0517132314_zpsb3c881a5.jpg

0627131148_zpse4aeff78.jpg

0627131148a_zps4bd4d61f.jpg

I still think they are great little pistols.:rockwoot:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Yep my CM9 is the same way. I didn't look close enough though to see if it was like that when I bought it new or if it happened after shooting it. Still not worried at all about it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Yep my CM9 is the same way. I didn't look close enough though to see if it was like that when I bought it new or if it happened after shooting it. Still not worried at all about it.
    The one on the right is brand new, never fired. Just picked it up today. That's what they look like before use. No hole. But like you, I'm not worried about it either. After I get done mowing out back, I'm looking forward to working out that excess plastic. :ar15:In a way I kinda like it. If someone tried to sell you a pistol "Unfired" you would know if they were telling you the truth or not.:cool:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Good point about buying an "unfired" Kahr from someone!

I checked my pocket-buddy PM9 and never noticed that tiny piece of plastic missing, but I can see where it broke off. I have fired over 3000 rounds through mine, and the missing plastic obviously doesn't affect the rest of the frame. Would never have noticed that if you didn't point it out!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I would think that if it will break off you could probably file it a little to give it more clearance. Probably better then letting it break off. Something is to tight right there. The slide is catching it most likely.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Good point about buying an "unfired" Kahr from someone!

I checked my pocket-buddy PM9 and never noticed that tiny piece of plastic missing, but I can see where it broke off. I have fired over 3000 rounds through mine, and the missing plastic obviously doesn't affect the rest of the frame. Would never have noticed that if you didn't point it out!
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    My wife hates when I point stuff like that out.

Top Bottom