• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The grip and trigger safeties on the XD(M)® pistols are a must-have for me. I am confident if I use a purse without a built-in holster or separate compartment, the XD(M)® 3.8 can be securely and safely carried.

Why I Choose to Purse Carry - The Truth About Guns

I sincerely hope that isn't meant how it sounds. Hey, its got a grip safety and trigger safety so I can throw it in my purse with other junk rolling around and everything will be fine.

Off body carry sucks. Storing your protection in the likely target of an encounter sucks. Carrying in a purse not designed for carrying? C'mon. I figure this is mostly an advertisement piece for Springfield, but this strikes me as promoting unsafe behavior.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I tried to edit my previous post but couldn't

Wait til the gun goes off and it blows a hole through her makeup...then she'll think twice

There are a lot of purses that cost a lot more more than that pistol.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Just an awful idea. I don't like off body carry because of the control/access issue and the ND risk without a holster is just icing on the cake.

FWIW, I took advanced fighting pistol with a slender lady who was carrying a glock 19 concealed aiwb. It didn't print that I noticed and she was wearing jeans that fit closely.

If she's going to carry in a bag, she could at least clip one of these onto the gun: Original VanGuard Holster - Raven Concealment Systems

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    The wife purse carries....but she got herself a purse specifically FOR that purpose. Sidearm is in it's own compartment. You can't get to it from any other pocket. Trigger and guard is well covered. You CAN get your finger onto the trigger if you had to, but you purposefully have to work at it to do it. Material is a good quality leather that wont cut or tear easily, and if she had to, she could at least get off one shot completely concealed if she needed to. It'd destroy the purse, and probably jam up on the case ejection, but it'd work.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hate to play lawyer, but "without a built-in holster or separate compartment" is not the same as "without a holster", especially when this is the very next line:
    • The compact frame and overall length of the 3.8 fits easily in all of my day to day purses even when carried in a holster.
    Of course the less than clear writing doesn't helps and, yes, clearly a thinly veiled advertisement. I'm sure if you Google around, you'll see Kippi sporting a "Team Springfield Armory" shirt somewhere and shooting a XD in competition.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom