• ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    1930s Remington 550-1 .22 Rifle

It was/is my Grandfathers, but currently under my care. I've been shooting it since I was a kid, and its still a tack driver.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Probably my first rifle, and the cheapest in my setup these days. Marlin bolt action 22 lr, tube fed, all black, and it has provided me God knows how many hours of good cheap fun. And my Springfield GI 45, passing those down.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    THAT is a bigger list than, the guns in my collection that I WOULD part with!

But at the very top would be my Dad's service revolvers(...a S&W model 15 and a S&W model 67)...although, eventually my stepson will get one and nephew will get the other.

Next would be any of the dozen or so rifles in my WWII collection. I'd like to see them in a museum as a tribute to "The Greatest Generation" when I'm gone.

Next would be ANY of my Walthers.

I don't like this game...I'm going home! [sad face]

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    A Remington model 41 targetmaster my grandfather bought in 1936. I remember hearing how it was his favorite squirrel rifle, and how many fine meals he managed to take with it. He gave it to me on Christmas when I was twelve, and I made sure to bring him a mess of squirrels a few times a year that I'd taken with his rifle.

He passed away two years ago, but it seems like yesterday. I make it a point to take my daughter out every year to take a few squirrels with his trusty old remington and have a dinner in his honor.

That rifle couldn't be bought for all the gold in the world.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Me? I don't own any guns, they belong to my kids.

Seriously, that is a tough question. Grandad's Marlin Model 80? My 1911 made in 1914? Italian Beretta? Garands? Model 1917 Eddystone? Turkish flintlock from the 1700's? M1 carbines? And the list goes on. That is one tough question, especially since I plan on passing them down.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Glenfield Marlin Model 60. Manufactured in the early 60's (best guess), before they had serial numbers on them. My grandfather bought it new, and kept it until he passed, then my father had it, until he gave it to me a year ago. Up until I got it, it had never been fired. It has now been the first rifle that my son has shot and has been promised to him.

It is one of the two things I have to remember my grandfather by. Everytime we take it out shooting I tell my son stories of grandpa, and how special that particular rifle is.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    My father passed away in Jan. 2011 and I inherited his 1911. He was an extremely talented metal worker, and he polished his matte stainless finish to this:

picture.php

He left the factory finish alone in some areas, such as the slide serrations, to provide a cool contrast. It's just a cell phone pic, but it still shows off what he could do!

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    My Security Six, started as my grandfathers, after he passed it went to my father, and he gave it to me last year. It was the first handgun i ever carried, i was about 11 when i started carrying it around his farm. My younger brother carried a Llama, and i got the Ruger, and now we still have the ones we carried as kids.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    My Glock 34 Gen4. Now I must say I'm not one of those "diehards" if, I had a pistol I could shoot better come into to my hands I'd keep it. But I've felt the comfortable with that, and that would be the last to go in my mind

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have my collection to the point now that there are very few that I would consider parting with. They all have their specific purpose. I could part with maybe 4 or 5 of them.

As far as the question goes though, the one that I will absolutely never get rid of is my Glock 23.

Top Bottom