• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Nice conversion Spencer Rifle. Double that battery life / range & I'd consider something like that too.

What kind of electric motors does it use?
    Just one - 20 HP continuous series DC (Advance) 8" diameter. Still uses the old transmission, but shift points have changed. I could put lots more cells in, but I'd lose my rear storage or rear seats, and we use those a lot. Still have more pickup and range than with the old lead acid setup. Range is just fine for work/school/church/store runs. We use the Geos for longer range needs.

:p to gas stations

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    74 Triumph TR6

d24bd7bf.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Just one - 20 HP continuous series DC (Advance) 8" diameter. Still uses the old transmission, but shift points have changed. I could put lots more cells in, but I'd lose my rear storage or rear seats, and we use those a lot. Still have more pickup and range than with the old lead acid setup. Range is just fine for work/school/church/store runs. We use the Geos for longer range needs.

:p to gas stations

ok, surely you have documented this somewhere??? I would love to see more info on how you did the conversion, what parts you use, etc :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bruiserbackyard.jpg

bruiser.jpg

1984 FXR...Willy G edition that we cut up and did it our way. Lots of rake, 90 inch stroker with branch heads, Delorto dual throat carb, Danny Crower cam and a custom header. PMS brakes and a lot of aircrat lines, fittings and fasteners.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    2008 F-150 XL(The XL stands for "Barely a truck")
    IMG_1160.jpg

HK sticker and support the troops ribbon magnets.
    IMG_1162.jpg

Hornady and NRA stickers on back window.
    IMG_1164.jpg

Disclaimer: Some bird poo may have been digitally removed in the making of these photos :D

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Nice, I have had a TR3, a Spitfire and a TR4 but never a TR6.

I have also had a Sunbeam Alpine and a 59 MGA Coupe that I took on a 9,000 mile trip around the States in 79 after I got out of the Service.

Sweet, my dad has a 69 Datsun 1600, and the Triumph and MGs remind me of it, same general style, his just has fatter headlights, and slightly more prominent "fins" on the back end... Fun car, can't wait until the restoration is done... (If he'll ever let me drive it, LOL)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What's that base color? Is that... Titanium Frost?

I dono, I had to give it up last year for a white Crown Vic. We went back to plain white. Man that gray looked good shined up. I am partial to gray. The white looks "ok" buffed out but that old gray looked sweet. The wife just got a "new" ride. 2009 VW Touraeg we drove to a Cincinnati VW dealer to buy. I love it. If I couldn't have my BMW...I'd have a Touareg. SUV's should not be this much fun.

2009Touareg.jpg

Top Bottom