NWI, North of US-30
    Great find but as scutter01 pointed out there is no coverage in Indiana. =(
    :faint:

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be in NOV. Go vote for which date!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14439-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_nov_date.html

Halloween Cigar OC Night is 28 OCT 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0_28_-_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_pine_island.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I wonder why we're one of 12 or so states with no coverage. Hmm.

I am uncertain about the other States, but my guess is that the JPFO doesn't see any incentive to be in Indiana. Our laws regarding self defense are for the most part on point and don't require this sort of protection. I have seen very few properly handled self defense cases that ended up with charges pressed, let alone an indictment or conviction. Although we are not the most 2A friendly State, we are certainly far from the least.

Of course, IANAL, and this is merely and guess.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Note that it's not JPO that is doing this but a law firm Slate & Jones. Suspect it's more of that law firm still trying to get local attys to buy into this. Think of Binder & Binder (the big law firm that handles social security disability cases). What it (that law firm) actually does market it's services to the nation but in reaility it is a local atty in your area that is handling your case. Binder and Binder gets paid and then it gives the local atty a cut of that money. So basically the local atty does not have to put ads for his service as Binder & binder handle that for them. Plus the local atty has a steady flow of cases. Suspect that Slate & Jones is doing the same thing. Off course doing that (having a set of atty's locally) takes time to set up.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've just joined their forum and gave them a referral to an attorney here, in the event that the only reason is that they don't have an IN attorney as yet. Hopefully, they will soon be online here.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Received in email:
    Hi There

I just wanted you to know there's a live person on this end, and the good
    news is we are talking to attorneys in Indiana today! We hope to have the
    state open by weeks end and I'll let you know the minute that happens.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Sincerely

Beth Slate
    Slate and Jones
    President

Looks like we may have some good news soon.

Blessings,
    Bill

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BoR could you please keep this link "alive" and post and update when you hear about it.
    This would be some real good info/insurance to have.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I know this thread is several days old, but I have been inactive and am only just now seeing it. I hope the service in this particular thread pans out, because it would work good in conjecture with the service I am going to post about in the next paragraph.

I have been doing some checking into Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network, LLC which is a related concept, but you have to work an agreement your own attorney ahead of time (they will assist you in finding one though). If you are involved in an "incident" they will grant you $5k to assist in your defense/legal fees. This is supposed to be relatively immediate and without any sort of advanced questioning, applications, etc. After that initial, they will evaluate your case and grant more funds as they see fit. In addition to monetary assistance, they are supposed to provide you with expert witnesses and other services, if need be.

I would be quite interested in combining both services, giving me access to experts, quality lawyers, and funds for bail/private investigators, etc. Whatever my lawyer tells me I need!

Top Bottom