• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I've gotten all spun up with the need for a Krinkov over the last few weeks and started researching the Zastava M92PV pistols. Seems they're about as close to a real Krink as anything that's ever hit the US market. Namely, the hinged top cover with rear sight, bolt hold-open selector, top handguard retainer, front sight unit, and muzzle device threads are all spot on! I handled one of the 5.56x45mm versions yesterday at a local gun shop and was blown away by the quality. It was nothing like the Draco I sold last year! Well finished, well fitted, and generally slick all over was my initial impression of the weapon. The simple addition of an appropriate folding stock (post-Form 1, of course) and a Krink or HOBO muzzle device, and you'd have a fantastic SBR. I'm hoping to find one of the 7.62x39 models in stock within driving range this week and pick it up. These were originally developed for tankers and truck drivers, as I understand it, and I can certainly see the advantages of such a weapon in the confines of a Jeep Cherokee. :cool:

Any thoughts?

M92PV:

M92PV_zps78cce84a.jpg

Krinkov SBR configuration with side-folding stock and muzzle device:

krink762sf_zpsde7723c8.jpg

Last edited:

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    My LGS has the 5.56 version in stock (like, eight of them!) for $800!!! Centerfire Systems, J&G, and others list them for $399. I'll be calling around tomorrow to see who actually has what in stock. Will post here if I can nail down some accurate info.

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    I just got in my brace for my m92. Fits well and is secure. We will see how range testing goes next week. May be a a good Avenue until your class 3 paperwork is procesedd

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Saw a few at the holt road armory show last weekend for $455. I love the Krink look too, although I appreciates. Slightly updated look as well. I was thinking an AK would be a good, durable mate for my old Cherokee Chief, and an SBR version would be even better!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Saw a few at the holt road armory show last weekend for $455. I love the Krink look too, although I appreciates. Slightly updated look as well. I was thinking an AK would be a good, durable mate for my old Cherokee Chief, and an SBR version would be even better!

Agreed! I've never been an AK fan, but I got to shoot a krink not long ago and really liked it. I've liked the Draco sbr for awhile, but this might be a viable option for the right price.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Uhhhh. You guys are killing me. I've looked at the one at J&G for awhile now. IIRC they want about $30 for shipping. One of the vendors at the past Gunslingers Gunshow had one in 7.62 for $449. I almost bought it. Kind of regretting not getting it now. I have never owned or considered doing an sbr until these came around.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    The correct triangular stock kit is selling for $189 complete and the correct muzzle devices run around $100. Even with the tax stamp, you're gonna have a Khyber Pass Krinkov for under $1k. Can't beat that with a stick and if you let it pass now, you'll be telling your grandkids about letting it slip through your fingers!

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I'm generally a traditionalist, but this sbr stirs something deep down inside me

I love my AR's but these things are just dripping Soviet Bloc cold-war goodness. I've tried handling an M4 inside my Cherokee and it's a hot mess, at best. While mine wasn't configured as an SBR, I could maneuver the Draco just fine.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Just picked up an M92 from CTD for $416 shipped. I have my Form 1ready to go. I will be putting a Manticore Arms folding stock with a Stormwerks hinge. I'm really impressed with the build quality of this pistol.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The correct triangular stock kit is selling for $189 complete and the correct muzzle devices run around $100. Even with the tax stamp, you're gonna have a Khyber Pass Krinkov for under $1k. Can't beat that with a stick and if you let it pass now, you'll be telling your grandkids about letting it slip through your fingers!

The muzzle devices are much less than $100. I don't have the tools or the bravery to remove the old trunion and install the folding stock trunion. Don't want to pay the $300 for someone else to do it either.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    10" barrel, 28.25" OAL.

I know the barrel is 10". The OAL I got from measuring the gun, plus adding the length of the stock and hinge I'm planning to use. I got that info from Manticore Arms' (the maker of the stock) website. Close enough.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    The muzzle devices are much less than $100.

Can anyone provide a link? I found some of the 14mm Krink-style devices for the standard AK rifle down around $30 or so, but all the 26mm ones I've found for the M92PV are right around $100. I don't recall ever seeing the four-piece HOBO for less than $100.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Can anyone provide a link? I found some of the 14mm Krink-style devices for the standard AK rifle down around $30 or so, but all the 26mm ones I've found for the M92PV are right around $100. I don't recall ever seeing the four-piece HOBO for less than $100.

For instance:
    https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/138/products_id/3240

On the measurements, don't forget to add in the muzzle device of choice. My OAL was something like 30 1/4" with the M85.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I too want to go the Krink route. Picked this up not long ago. Paid a little more than I should have but it included a krink booster and has the side folder I wanted. Just need to do the paperwork and remove the fake can.

Top Bottom