• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Toro second tier? One one of, if not, the biggest turf company in the world..... so yea. All john deere zeros are good for is displaying their logo since they changed from the 757, 777, and 797

On the flip side, I got another machine to play with for the year, ferris IS3200 37hp vanguard efi 61", color me impressed.

Op, 3k go with a toro and dont look back, or a Bad Boy for sheer durability. Buy from a dealer that will take care of you if something does happen yo go wrong.

https://www.badboymowers.com/bad-boy-shop/zero-turn-mowers/mz-magnum-lawn-mower

Well the toro dealer was packed…mostly old guys wanted blades sharpened……LOL….I thought everyone sharpened their own blades…? Not much in stock…little zero turn and then only huge commercial ones. I found this on line at tractor supply and they are just down the road…if they don't have one probably could get on…..looks pretty tough and I like the Orange….think deck is 7 ga…….wow.

Bad Boy MZ Magnum 54 in. Zero-Turn Mower - For Life Out Here

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    You might want to look at big dog. It's made by hustler to compete with less expensive mowers but with good hydros and a fabricated deck

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well the toro dealer was packed…mostly old guys wanted blades sharpened……LOL….I thought everyone sharpened their own blades…? Not much in stock…little zero turn and then only huge commercial ones. I found this on line at tractor supply and they are just down the road…if they don't have one probably could get on…..looks pretty tough and I like the Orange….think deck is 7 ga…….wow.

Bad Boy MZ Magnum 54 in. Zero-Turn Mower - For Life Out Here

7 gauge deck and frame, the mz is on the same frame as the zt elite. If you can find a dealer for them, look at the blades even they put on their mz, extremely thick. Once you see it in person, youll be impressed.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    My buddy had a bad boy he got from the TSC in noblesville. He had lots of problems after the second year. The warranty work was very slow. He finally sold it last year and bought an exmark. Might have been an isolated problem but he will never buy another one.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have had my Bad Boy Outlaw mower for several years and it works great! I mow a little over seven (7) acres around a pond and it handles things just fine.

I spent extra money for the special seat and the bouncing is greatly reduced, much to the pleasure of my back!

With a 61" deck I can kill all seven (7) acres in about three (3) hours, that is around quite a few trees, dealing with the pond, and some uneven ground.

I would recommend Bad Boys to anyone.

Regards,

Doug

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Ferris as second tier? Really?

Just wish I could afford one.

2nd tier...2nd choice. Just because something is expensive, doesn't mean it's the best. Ferris makes an excellent mower. I would gladly own one. My personal opinion is JD, Scag, and Exmark are the best in regards to cut, reliability, and holding their value. I demo'd all the mowers that I mentioned before I purchased my JD Z930. I ended up getting the best deal for the amount of mower I was getting on the JD and couldn't be happier.

Check out lawnsite.com. Sort of like the INGO of the lawnmower world. Many helpful reviews and thoughts from guys who run mowers for a living.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Hustler Super Z here. I mow about 7 acres and work it hard...keeps right up.

Plus one on this option. Have had my Hustler for 7 years now and have had absolutely no problems with it. I actually bought a nice leaf bagging attachment for it as well and it makes fall leaf clean up so much faster.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Couple of things to consider.. How big are you? What terrain are you going to be mowing on Flat? Hills? Steep? The Big box (Lowes) Hustler mower is rated for flat ground, most of the consumer grade stuff you look at will be. I wound up spending a few hundred extra and buying a Snapper S125x2. It hasnt been out yet, so I can't say for sure but I think it will be good. I would avoid anything on a stamped frame or with a stamped deck.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For whatever reason, on INGO, what zero-turn mower to buy is more controversial than Glock vs. S & W....or anything Trump does.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Thats because those 2 are easy. Glock all day long and only Trump can save America now. God bless president Trump!!! :patriot:

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I have a Husler Raptor 52" cut from Lowe's that is going on three seasons. No problems with the mower or Kawasaki engine, however I wish it was faster. Rural King is selling Hustler mowers now which are quite a bit beefier than the Raptor model that is stocked at Lowes. If I could do it over, would get a beefier Hustler as they are probably the best built mowers for the money in my opinion.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    A Cheetah is not a commercial mower, a Turf Tiger is the commercial version.

Yea it kinda is... But, the word commercial these days applies to a 4200$ raptor, or any small machine with a "fabricated" deck. Once you get into FX kaw engines, kohler command pro, vanguard engines, its a commercial machine. There are different grades, and the cheetah having cables for drives from the handles is a huge disadvantage, but it is commercial.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    There are so many excellent choices in the category that it is hard to decide, but easy to get a good mower.

I have a JD Ztrak 757 that is 11 years old and I replaced the PTO clutch on it 2 years ago. That is the only time it has ever been worked on other than routine maintenance.

My neighbor has a front deck Grasshopper that I actually prefer but I am not going to replace the JD just yet because I am a tightwad.

Top Bottom