• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thirty cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Has any one heard of or seen any of the Tisas pistols from turkey.
    ZF-S-L.jpg

I have found a distributer in the states that carries them but wanted a little info on them before I tried to talk a friendly FFl holder in to ordering it. More info is here Marstar Canada: TISAS Turkish Handgun's

The MSRP on one is $439 and the whole sale is much lower.

thirty cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    From what I have read they shoot pretty good. I believe it is the current issue millitary sidearm in turkey. Oh if there are any FFLs out there send me a pm please. Let me know what your fee is for a transfer.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have seen one at Eagle Creek. WELL made pistol for the price, but not a Glock or similar European wonder weapon. Its fit was nice but the finish looked thin. Not sure about mag compatibility, so after you find mags and maybe refinish it, it comes out to a reasonable priced gun but with low parts availability. It seemed reliable enough, but the guy was only shooting WWB. Couldnt gauge accuracy (spray and pray type fellow) but the recoil seemed managable and it was relatively light weight (when I got to handle it).

Id say, if you dont have the loot for a used well made pistol, a new one of these Zigatas isnt too bad of a choice. Just dont count on mags popping up or parts anytime soon.

thirty cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    I just like unique guns. Especially at the gun range around the gun sobs when I out shoot their $1500 custom kimber.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I just like unique guns. Especially at the gun range around the gun sobs when I out shoot their $1500 custom kimber.

I had an ardent Glock guy shoot a Sigma that I had dry fired the crap out of (slept in the same case with my G22 as well! :D ). He actually liked it. Not to sell his Glocks, but he saw it as a viable alternative. This guy was Eric Rader, a member Emeritus here....

Goes to show that realistically, its not the gun, its the user. I have seen guys with VERY expensive pieces shoot like crap and vice versa.

These Turkish guns arent bad. But like Eric and my old Sigma (long since sold), I dont plan on getting one soon, but I am impressed with it.

BLACK ICE2597

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    United States
    I own a tisas zigana sport 9mm two tone. I looks awesome and shoots even better. The mags are easy to find and cost less than 20$ a piece. Its a 15+1 and it shoots faster and more accurately than both my beretta and my glock. Wish it came in a 40SW but so far it hasn't been avail in anything other than 9mm. I would def buy another if it did eventually offer 40SW. Cost was $400 at Buds Gun shop. It fits great in my very large hands and is easy to do tactical reloads.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I would want to know, if something goes wrong with one of them, who repairs it?
    Do they pick up the shipping ect?

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Turkey makes some quality firearms.
    I've been very happy with my Sar B6P and Canik's. I personally wouldn't buy anything but an American 1911 primarily because I love the nostalgia of them, but they actually make quality entry level 1911's... The Tisas 1911 and the Girsan are suppose to be pretty decent! I know its not what you're looking for but check out hickok45's review on the tisas 1911 Tisas 1911 (400 Dollar Bargain Pistol) - YouTube

Turkish guns are G2G imo

Top Bottom