• ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Ok...So here's the situation......

Zombie's are over running the nation, you have ten people (5 adults/5 kids) in your party including you, and the closest known safe zone to you is 1000 miles away.Lets just say its summertime, so no worries about real inclimate weather. But you do need to travel day and night. (You're in a hurry)

Lucky for you, you live right next to a car lot with every car known to man on the lot(use your imagination ;)), and on the other side of you is a scrap yard.

So what will be your choice vehicle to fend off any hoards that try to get a hold of ya? And how will you equip this vehicle to keep out of harms way?

I myself would choose 2 hummers, incase most of them in 1/4 inch thick steel, and leave slots in the sides for chainsaws to run out of :D. And bring as much diesel fuel as a could fit!

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    borat1-300x204.jpg

Reliable transportation, tasty food to eat, a bear in the back for defense, what's not to like?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I just picked up a '95 Mitsubishi montero with skid plates and a brush guard, 6cyl, jump seats. All it would need is some kind of window screens or protection and I'm good to go

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    A couple of school buses with bars over the windows and drums of fuel in the back. We would have plenty of room for passengers, food, fuel, supplies, and ammo.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, I live alone (so moving multiple people isn't in the cards for me) and my zombie plan involves making it to my safe area in southern Indiana.

I'd have to imagine in a REAL zombie invasion, any vehicle is going to be pretty much useless. Roads will be blocked with deserted vehicles, gas stations will be impossible to use (if they the pumps even work at all), etc etc

My preferred method of transportation: A well built off-road bicycle. It operates quietly (won't attract attention), requires no fossil fuels, can move across almost any terrain, road blockages aren't a problem, etc etc. Plus, you can always use it to generate human powered electricity if need be.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    any vehicle i have for a SHTF situation will be getting a flame thrower added around the vehicle. even if its just a regular car or truck. walk up on me and get burnt.

Thats nice but that burnt smell can get a little nasty. I don't remember what movie it was from but they lined the entire outside of a car with claymore mines. Now that is crowd CONTROL!!:draw:

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I very well may be wrong but if something happens like you describe traveling won't be safe. Plan on closing the hatch and stay where you are.

It depends on if you are talking about normal zombie show shambling zombies or the Olympic sprinter zombies from "Dead Set". Those sprinter zombies scare the s%$t out of me! I would hunker down quiet as a mouse for sure. The regular ol' shamblers I think you could travel on a mountain bike just fine.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    10.jpg

without the cheesy '70's dude.

But honestly, a multi-fuel M35A2C w/w and .50 cal mount. I'd have to up-armor it and add a good muffler and cd player.

BlisterPac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Wish list:

MaxxPro_3_low.jpg

In reality, if the roads are open = Excursion with diesel. Seats (8) comfortably; (5) adults and (5) kids will be a tight fit but doable, with some room left over for limited gear.

40+ gal tank gives it around an 800 mile range (more is possible with "modifications").

Top Bottom