• ...and so much more!
  • Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    "Shots fired after a fight inside a sneaker store"......Really, over shoes.

I am fast losing hope for our future.

I contrast this with an experience as a teachers aid in a High School. The mascot was a Lion, we had the Lion's Den. This was a spare classroom filled with unneeded shoes and clothing for any student who required something. I often took them there to pick out something to wear. It was neat to take a kid who you knew had little or nothing to wear and outfit them with $50 shirts, sweat pants and $75 shoes, all new. Many with the school logo.

Don

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    One bystander....revealed that some shoppers even used the shooting as a looting opportunity, shattering windows and stealing from stores like Pandora.

Holey****, I've been all wrong.
    If I hear shots in a mall I plan to find an exit, cover, or concealment while mentally preparing to draw.
    Clearly, I'm not keeping up with the times.
    I need to rethink my priorities.

Sadly, I was born and raised in South Bend. UP Mall was a nice place when I left.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    "Shots fired after a fight inside a sneaker store"......Really, over shoes.

I am fast losing hope for our future.

I contrast this with an experience as a teachers aid in a High School. The mascot was a Lion, we had the Lion's Den. This was a spare classroom filled with unneeded shoes and clothing for any student who required something. I often took them there to pick out something to wear. It was neat to take a kid who you knew had little or nothing to wear and outfit them with $50 shirts, sweat pants and $75 shoes, all new. Many with the school logo.

Don
    That's the correct outlook with shoes and clothing, enjoy and help others. Here on Mother's Day, I fondly remember my Mom working as an elementary school nurse, discretely helping students with clothes and shoes in the manner you described.

Society has evolved into status based arena, from small items like shoes, up to what I call the "rock star home". This has led to a degradation of responsibility. Jordan Peterson sums it up in this Short.

I remember getting a pair of Converse and Adidas shoes in the 80s and being proud of them, from a standpoint of being lucky to have them. I would not have known shoes were such a big deal until I ran across this YouTube channel awhile back. Just seems like the wrong values

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Holey****, I've been all wrong.
    If I hear shots in a mall I plan to find an exit, cover, or concealment while mentally preparing to draw.
    Clearly, I'm not keeping up with the times.
    I need to rethink my priorities.

Sadly, I was born and raised in South Bend. UP Mall was a nice place when I left.
    Yeah, the crowd there has been changing over the years.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    All this over shoes? Seriously?
    And if not over shoes and just a rivalry where someone got disrespected when they don’t deserve any respect in the first place, then I say; what low life stupidity! :bash:

Top Bottom