• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mesh security windows are being installed by British subjects on their outdoor sheds. Police are warning them that the windows are not safe enough for burglars and will get them in legal trouble down the road.

:n00b:

Shed owners warned wire on windows could hurt burglars

Wire_over_window_1824373c.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sounds like Liberal CA thinking. But I'm not surprised looking at how much effort England has put into disarming their citizens in the past.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    ...where's a facepalm and Ted Nugent when you need them????

:facepalm: ...we need a Nuge emoticon ....
    ted_nugent

<in my best Hackney accent> "would you like some tea and crumpets while I hold the door open for ya now???? Oh! careful you don't hurt yourself!"

...never did a convincing Hackney...

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    God forbid we hurt someone trying to rob us. Isnt there something out there people can put all of this great common sense towards that would benifit everyone.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If the British have a hard time figuring why we sent them sailing a couple of hundred years or so ago, maybe the fact that they give criminals more rights than honest people might give them a clue?

Sadly, it is seemingly not much different here lately.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You can't put booby traps on your own property in Indiana to protect it from trespassing criminals. Is there honestly a difference? We all just want to keep the ***holes out and our elected legislatures tell us "No, no, no. You have to give the criminals some chance".

You either have freedom or you don't. England and the United States are basically on the same page.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    You can't put booby traps on your own property in Indiana to protect it from trespassing criminals. Is there honestly a difference? We all just want to keep the ***holes out and our elected legislatures tell us "No, no, no. You have to give the criminals some chance".

You either have freedom or you don't. England and the United States are basically on the same page.

When I first heard that you cannot place boobie traps, it sounded ridiculous - I mean, it's your land right? Then, someone explained to me the reasoning.

Hypothetically, if your home catches fire and the neighbor calls the fire department... boobie traps gone wrong...

If someone did this, the burglar would have to cut or bend the wire, and I would imagine one could argue that they went to reasonable means to keep injury from happening, and the burglar tampering with it caused his own injury.

I am no lawyer, but I doubt as laws currently stand one could lose a lawsuit if they had good representation.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    A police source added: “Homemade devices can cause injury and there have been cases where criminals have sued for injuries they have suffered while committing a criminal act.

Anybody else as outraged over this as me? I understand they are in Britain, but why should anybody, anywhere be forced to basically bend over and hand the criminals the anal lube?

Any law suit fiiled by a criminal over something that happened in the process of the criminal committing a crime such as breaking and entering should be swiftly thrown out, and the criminal should be stoned to death for being such a damn idiot.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    When I first heard that you cannot place boobie traps, it sounded ridiculous - I mean, it's your land right? Then, someone explained to me the reasoning.

Hypothetically, if your home catches fire and the neighbor calls the fire department... boobie traps gone wrong...

If someone did this, the burglar would have to cut or bend the wire, and I would imagine one could argue that they went to reasonable means to keep injury from happening, and the burglar tampering with it caused his own injury.

I am no lawyer, but I doubt as laws currently stand one could lose a lawsuit if they had good representation.

I completely understand that and I'm not upset that I can't place booby traps. I've got three dogs that roam around all over. I'm just saying it is a similar thing.

Technically, if the shed caught on fire a fireman could cut himself on the mesh wire too. I'm of the mind that you should be able to do whatever you want on your own property. I live way out in the country though. It's a different world out here than it is in a town or city. Neighbors don't have to worry about my house burning down, because the nearest house is 40 acres away.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    If he were alive today, Winston Churchill would be chased out of his own country.

I lived in the UK for three years. Back in the 80's, it was on track for going full-tilt libtard. How the noble have fallen...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    its really the same here. if you put barbed wire on your fence and someone sneaks into your yard and cuts themselves, they can sue you and win. thanks to our wonderful and fair judicial system.

also if you shoot an intruder and he doesnt die, he can sue you and win. or if you do kill him, his family can sue you and still win.

our whole system is flawed because it doesnt operate as it was intended or written.

Top Bottom