• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    BAKERSFIELD, CA -- Kern County deputies beat an intoxicated man to death in the street Tuesday night, then detained and intimidated witnesses, confiscated video evidence, and arrested another man who spoke out. David Silva was beaten with batons, left in a pool of blood until an ambulance finally arrived after he was already dead.

A female 9-1-1 caller named Selena told the dispatcher, "There's a man laying on the floor, and your police officers beat the (expletive) out of him and killed him." She said that she witnessed the victim do nothing wrong to cause 8 officers to bludgeon him to death. "These cops had no reason to do this to this man."

A 19-year-old male witness, Ruben Ceballos, was awakened around midnight by screams and loud banging noises outside his home. He said he ran to the left side of his house to find out who was causing the ruckus."When I got outside I saw two officers beating a man with batons and they were hitting his head so every time they would swing, I could hear the blows to his head." He said that Silva was on the ground screaming for help, but officers continued to beat him After several minutes, Silva stopped screaming and was no longer responsive, according to Ceballos.

Another witness, Jason Land, said that he witnessed the beating of David Silva. "They jumped out, reached for their bats, and beat that man until they killed him," he said, "right in front of my face." Land spoke up about what he saw and was arrested as retaliation. The witness was on probation and says police responded to his eyewitness report by claiming he was high on PCP and arrested him without any proof.

Witnesses also say that the victim's body was left to bleed out in the street for a prolonged period without any medical attention, wasting crucial minutes before the ambulance arrived. By that point, it was too late and CPR attempts were futile.

Other witnesses, including Melissa Quair, were harassed and told that they must surrender their cell phones as "evidence." Their houses were even searched as a crime scene in order to confiscate the video evidence.

The victim's brother, Christopher Silva, says his brother was murdered and wants justice. He is demanding that his brother's body be released so that he can see the result of the beating. He wants the confiscated videos to be released. "My brother spent the last eight minutes of his life pleading, begging for his life. The true evidence is in those phone witnesses that apparently the sheriff deputies already took. But I know the truth will come out and my brother's voice will be heard."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyd_NldNSiM

SOURCES:
    Questions, suspicion and grief hang over in-custody death case

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    That's a good one sided story, some people that weren't there commenting and a doped up felon. Typical of what is to be expected from rambone.

Really? :rolleyes:

I don't know what started all this but he shouldn't have been
    beaten to death.

Then lets do the Nazi thing and take phones from people and
    hold them against there will, HMM.

Jimmy

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yahoo!

Video of Sheriff being interviewed. Basically says it is still being investigated and he can't run his mouth until the investigation is completed unlike the other yay-hoos.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    That's a good one sided story, some people that weren't there commenting and a doped up felon. Typical of what is to be expected from rambone.

Dang dude. It was one against eight, the 'one' died, 'evidence' and personal property confiscated and you're saying "consider the source"? Seriously? That is being hypocritically "one sided" and it is quite obvious.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Dang dude. It was one against eight, the 'one' died, 'evidence' and personal property confiscated and you're saying "consider the source"? Seriously? That is being hypocritically "one sided" and it is quite obvious.

Has there been a report issued? No. Have we heard the results of the investigation? No......that's all I'm saying.

I think (;)) there was a thread here just this week about a trooper stealing a guys wallet and arresting him without cause and everyone were jumping on board ready to hang the troop.....oh, then it turns out the original poster was a liar. Seems like a lot of people on INGO jump the gun so to speak.:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Has there been a report issued? No. Have we heard the results of the investigation? No......that's all I'm saying.

I think (;)) there was a thread here just this week about a trooper stealing a guys wallet and arresting him without cause and everyone were jumping on board ready to hang the troop.....oh, then it turns out the original poster was a liar. Seems like a lot of people on INGO jump the gun so to speak.:dunno:

Horny missed you in that thread...........:):

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    At least this story made it to the public eye......I thought blows to the head were not allowed by LEO's.....?......They were in charge of this man, they decided to either beat him to death, tase him, shoot him or cuff him....they made the desicion.....now we just have to wait for their story....I can't see it going good for the LEO's......since its CA they could be found guilty and then promoted......?

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I can understand the police wanting a copy of citizen video of an incident. They should not be allowed to confiscate and keep the phones, nor delete the video.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Has there been a report issued? No. Have we heard the results of the investigation? No......that's all I'm saying.:dunno:

No. You've said quite a bit more:
    ".....That's a good one sided story...."

You have a phone recording of a 911 call giving an account of a subduded suspect bing beaten beyond the point of submission. Suspect turns up dead later. Why is it that LEO apologists repeatedly minimize death of a suspect as though it's a simple legal technicality?

"....some people that weren't there commenting..."

Who? The people watching the event and calling 911? The people chased back into their homes and temporarily incarcerated? If they "weren't there" then how and why was a search warrant issued and phones confiscated"?

"....and a doped up felon...."

Hold up. We have a news report and a body, and you've conclude it's a one-sided story. The single eye witness who DID speak out to the officers involved in the beating about their conduct get's arrested for allegedly being "high on PCP". There has been no investigation, no toxicology test results, yet and you've already labeled him a "a doped up felon". How is that not one-sided?

What you're REALLY saying is loud and clear.....and that is" LEO's can do no wrong"....it's apparently the "suspects' fault" for whatever consequences may transpire if anything but complete and silent submission is his/her response.

I'm not a cop-hater. I have friends that are ex-troopers, ATF, etc. and they are excelllent people. But the fact of the matter is that there are good LEO's and there are bad LEO's. There are are also a few folks who see it this way. Many more are polarized into one of the extremes on either side of the good vs bad perception.

Some folks are more concerned about what's right, true, honest, just and fair than 'who did what'. Your responses seem to indicate that you esteem the uniforms in the "right, true, honest, just and fair" category. This is no less pathetic than those who hate cops on general principal.

I've had some negative encounters with crooked and lying LEO's, I know they're out there. But this didn't cause me to hate all LEO's. By the same token, just because somebody contends an account given by police does it mean they're a cop-hater, nor does it mean that the LEO's involved in whatever account are NOT lying and conducting a cover-up.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    That's a good one sided story, some people that weren't there commenting and a doped up felon.

Some witnesses did see it.

California dad 'begged for his life' as police beat him to death - witnesses ? RT USA
    “When I got outside I saw two officers beating a man with batons, and they were hitting his head so every time they would swing, I could hear the blows to his head,” said witness Ruben Ceballos, who told the Californian the noise was so loud it woke him up.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    No. You've said quite a bit more:

You have a phone recording of a 911 call giving an account of a subduded suspect bing beaten beyond the point of submission. Suspect turns up dead later. Why is it that LEO apologists repeatedly minimize death of a suspect as though it's a simple legal technicality?

Who? The people watching the event and calling 911? The people chased back into their homes and temporarily incarcerated? If they "weren't there" then how and why was a search warrant issued and phones confiscated"?

Hold up. We have a news report and a body, and you've conclude it's a one-sided story. The one eye witness who DID speak out to the officers involved in the beating about their conduct get's arrested for allegedly being "high on PCP". There has been no investigation, no toxicology test results, yet and you've already labeled him a "a doped up felon". How is that not one-sided?

He's a felon by the news reporters admission, that, IMO leads to his crediblity being $h!t, you think he's going to tell the truth where the police are concerned?

What you're REALLY saying is loud and clear.....and that is" LEO's can do no wrong"....it's apparently the "suspects' fault" for whatever consequences may transpire if anything but complete and silent submission is his/her response.

I'm not a cop-hater. I have friends that are ex-troopers, ATF, etc. amd they are excelllent people. But the fact of the matter is that there are good LEO's and there are bad LEO's. There are are also a few folks who see it this way. Many more are polarized into one of the extremes on either side of the good vs bad perception.

This is what ALL of the cop haters in this website say.

Some folks are more concerned about what's right, true, honest, just and fair than 'who did what'. Your responses seem to indicate that you esteem the uniforms in the "right, true, honest, just and fair" category. This is no less pathetic than those who hate cops on general principal.

I've had some negative encounters with crooked and lying LEO's, I know they're out there. But this didn't cause me to hate all LEO's. By the same token, just because somebody contends an account given by police does it mean they're a cop-hater, nor does it mean that the LEO's involved in whatever account are NOT lying and conducting a cover-up.

I'm not condoning anything, I just think we should wait for the investigation. If the officers were found to have acted outside the scope of their authority, hammer them, but not using one side of the story. We don't go into court and use information from one side, but we sure do on this website.:dunno:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm not condoning anything, I just think we should wait for the investigation. If the officers were found to have acted outside the scope of their authority, hammer them, but not using one side of the story. We don't go into court and use information from one side, but we sure do on this website.:dunno:

The other side of the story seized the evidence of the other side of the story.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm more than saddened that all those people stood by and watched/recorded those thugs beat a man to death. Apparently, we've become complacent enough that we let this crap slide.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers

As has been pointed out, the witnesses WERE there and the police confiscated everything from them that would show what actually happened. Yes this is one side of the story and the whole story will eventually come out. But you shouldn't need to lie and attack the source, you lost all credibility on this thread.

Top Bottom