• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The hits just never stop and there are plenty of politicians out there willing to give them unfettered access to your records all in the name of their war on drugs. Indiana's bad enough, but this crap is getting worse all across the nation and will likely get even worse here, as they get their buddies in the legislatures to make new laws giving them access to our information. Here's a clue. If my doctor prescribes something for me that's between me and him (and the pharmacist). Not some donut eating coffee swiller intent on taking down someone for a made up "crime". Stay out of my damned records.

Drug cops want open access to your medical records

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So what did anyone think the reason for the electronic, government run database was going to be? All the protestations against invading our privacy will be for naught. Little by little the government will grab a bit here and a bt there until ultimately nothing in your life can be considered private because it will all be considered for the greater good.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm pretty sure this already exists in Indiana through the INSPECT program. Very handy as a prescribing healthcare provider but I think LEO have access to it also. LEO please chime in, I don't know what the site access looks like to you guys but I did take a survey as a provider and some of the questions (like 'do you think restrictions should be placed on LEO access...If yes, require suspicion, warrant, court order?) made it sound like they already have access, but wanted our opinions on how we felt about it. It read like a politician wanted some stats to support statements like "x% of healthcare providers are OK with LEO having access to this database" come time to defend the fact that they have had it for a while.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    So what did anyone think the reason for the electronic, government run database was going to be? All the protestations against invading our privacy will be for naught. Little by little the government will grab a bit here and a bt there until ultimately nothing in your life can be considered private because it will all be considered for the greater good.

Nailed it!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    :+1:

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Shades of M-M-Max Headroom in the future. I can see the 'advantage' of being 'Blank Reg'.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I must give written permission for each family member to access to my medical records and to allow my Doctor to speak with them. If anyone gives my Medical Records to anyone outside my Family and the VA, I will not be a happy camper.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm pretty sure this already exists in Indiana through the INSPECT program. Very handy as a prescribing healthcare provider but I think LEO have access to it also. LEO please chime in, I don't know what the site access looks like to you guys but I did take a survey as a provider and some of the questions (like 'do you think restrictions should be placed on LEO access...If yes, require suspicion, warrant, court order?) made it sound like they already have access, but wanted our opinions on how we felt about it. It read like a politician wanted some stats to support statements like "x% of healthcare providers are OK with LEO having access to this database" come time to defend the fact that they have had it for a while.

I'm a street cop, the only info I have access to is DL and plate info from the BMV, warrants, and criminal history for Marion County. Unless you have a communicable disease and get blood or some other body fluid on me, I could give two ****s about your medical records.

Top Bottom