• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip Schippers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    Would make sense because I have heard the Meijer family have been recently been involved with politics in Michigan especially the Democrat party somewhere I read this online wish I could remember where

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I kind of agree with that sign. Open carry just makes normies nervous, and prone to freak out and call 911.
    I'll take the bait, despite knowing there is an appropriate thread for this.

Who cares if it makes normies nervous? Free speech makes a lot of people nervous these days too, that doesn't mean people need to self-censor. Rights not exercised are often rights lost.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Would make sense because I have heard the Meijer family have been recently been involved with politics in Michigan especially the Democrat party somewhere I read this online wish I could remember where
    Peter Meijer, former "republican" congressman Michigan...

From Wikipedia (consider the source, I suppose)

2022[edit]​

See also: 2022 United States House of Representatives elections in Michigan § District 3
    Meijer ran for reelection in the district for the 2022 elections.[25] His primary opponent was John Gibbs, a former Trump administration official.[26] In the final days of the primary, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee bought TV ads designed to raise Gibbs' profile, believing that Meijer would be the more difficult opponent in the general election.[26] Meijer lost the August 2 primary to Gibbs.[27] Meijer said he would not support Gibbs in the November election.[28] In November 2022, Gibbs lost the general election to Meijer's 2020 opponent, Democrat Hillary Scholten.[29]

Tenure[edit]​

Meijer speaking at an event in June 2022
    Meijer accepted the 2020 presidential election results, announcing publicly that he accepted the outcome and recognized Joe Biden as president-elect.[30] After experiencing the 2021 United States Capitol attack, he called on Republicans to take responsibility for their "lies" about election fraud.[31] On January 13, 2021, he voted to impeach Donald Trump alongside nine other Republicans.[32][33][34] The next day, Meijer stated in an interview with MSNBC that he had purchased body armor and made changes to his daily schedule due to threats against his life in reaction to his vote for impeachment.[35] On January 20, 2021, the day of Biden's inauguration, Meijer was one of 17 newly elected House Republicans to sign a letter congratulating him and expressing hope of working across the partisan divide.[36]

Voting record[edit]​

During the presidency of Joe Biden, Meijer had voted in line with the president's stated position 36% of the time.[40]

On May 19, 2021, Meijer became one of 35 Republicans who joined all Democrats in voting to approve legislation to establish the January 6 commission meant to investigate the 2021 United States Capitol attack.[41]

On October 21, 2021, Meijer was one of nine House Republicans to vote to hold Steve Bannon in contempt of Congress for defying the subpoena he received issued by the House Select Committee investigating the January 6, 2020 insurrection.[42]

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My wife loves the store and we visit about once a month. Shop the sales as they are often times better than kroger... but we typically leave kroger saving 40% or more...
    I typically buy all my groceries at Meijer.
    Kroger, especially their meats have never really impressed me, though they've improved in more recent years from the nasty livery tasting select grade stuff they used to sell.
    The Meijer near me has great meats and a lot more selection.

I also always carry in there, have never noticed any signs about it, and have never had any trouble.

Top Bottom