• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    During Memorial Day weekend, McMillian was rough-housing with another teenager on the sand.
    McMillian says he was carrying a six-week old puppy at the time and couldn't have been clenching his fists because he was feeding the dog with a bottle.
    Something about this story is crap. The blogger is misreporting or leaving out key facts to make the police look like thugs. The story is riddled with editorializing and bias.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    They don't give much of a time frame... I don't think they are suggesting that the kid threw another kid down and then immediately the police jacked him up and magically a puppy appeared in his hands.

Afterall, the kid was lying face down on the sidewalk when the cops had him, he wasn't still on the beach which leads me to believe some time lapsed.

Sounds to me like he was observed by the police rough housing on the beach... then picked up his **** and moved on while giving the cops the "mean mug". During his exit he was approached by the police and **** went downhill fast....

I imagine that some kind of resisting charge will be thrown in for good measure.... I don't know what happened here, so its completely possible the kid deserved what he got.

However, for ****s and giggles, lets pretend that the article is accurate.... I have a question for the legal guys here. If a police officer approaches you on the street and is questioning you and you have done nothing wrong... can you continue to walk or are you obligated to stop?

If you don't stop and they command you to stop... then what? Are they now legally allowed to stop you with force? And if you resist... are you now "resisting arrest"?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If he assaulted another kid, there was reason for the officers to detain him. If he was clinching his fist(s), they should have placed him in a position that he could not harm an officer. If he pulled back and resisted, they should have further assisted him to get in a position where he could not hurt another officer. I certainly wouldn't wait on him to throw the first punch.

If none of this is the case, then some officers should lose their jobs.

Besides, wasn't that puppy a pit?!

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    The whole situation/story is bad. Lots missing here and if not, yes, those cops need a little more then a talking to.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They asked him where his parents were, but MicMillian attempted to walk away. The officer jumped off the ATV, and tried to physically restrain the teen.

The headlines don't tell much of the story.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Having read many similar cases out of Miami I don't really have much of a problem believing this one. Miami cops have a reputation for excessive force and questionable arrests. Resisting is apparently one of their favourite charges, since it covers just about everything in the book. Including walking away from them when you haven't done anything. Submit or be beaten.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    What a lop sided BS sounding story. And of course throw in the little puppy with its injured foot for good measure and a little more sensationalism. It amazes me how many people will take a story like this and run with it like it is gospel. With about 99% of the rest of these drama pieces this is pretty much unbelievable to anyone with some sense. Does anyone really think that two officers jump and slam some kid on a crowded beach just because he looked at them in the wrong way? Do you really?:n00b:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Yet another sensationalized pile of poop from a questionable source. Those who post this nonsense, here and on every other forum on Earth, are the problem. Stop and think a bit before you spread this crap.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does anyone really think that two officers jump and slam some kid on a crowded beach just because he looked at them in the wrong way? Do you really?:n00b:

Depends on the city, neighborhood, etc...
    (not sure if it should be purple or Im just disillusioned.)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    What a lop sided BS sounding story. And of course throw in the little puppy with its injured foot for good measure and a little more sensationalism. It amazes me how many people will take a story like this and run with it like it is gospel. With about 99% of the rest of these drama pieces this is pretty much unbelievable to anyone with some sense. Does anyone really think that two officers jump and slam some kid on a crowded beach just because he looked at them in the wrong way? Do you really?:n00b:

I guess it depends on temperament and state of mind at the time, sometimes nothing can be more enraging than a disrespectful teenager. I could definitely see it happening.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I too wish people would not post things I disagree with.

Are you kidding? Where is the fun in that?

The thing that the OP doesn't realize is that "dehumanizing stares" are considered "hate crimes" and as such give the officers the right to utilize force out of proportion with the event. Legal eagles help me out with the exact law... or maybe it was a a court decision, I forget...

I call BS on the article though.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes this is a one sided sensationalized version. Not even close to journalism. Here is a local cbs story that is a little closer to journalism. Teen Says Police Overreacted To Incident « CBS Miami
    There are two sides to every story, but a lot of the outrage is because of the cop's version. The police said he gave them dehumanizing stares and they felt threatened...as he walked away? They felt so threatened by him as he walked away from them that they had to get off of their ATV's and chase him off of the beach and detain him on the road for their own safety? He never "resisted" until they chased him onto the road and grabbed his arm, he pulled his arm away and-bingo! Felony resisting with violence. I don't know what happened, but it stinks to high heaven for the police to claim they felt so threatened for their own safety that they had to subdue him, all because he walked away and gave them a dirty look. Remember, that's the police version of the story, not the kid's.

Top Bottom