• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    It's pretty simple. Parts quality and attention to detail when they assemble them. Is your buffer tube made from 6061 or 7075? What steel are they using on your barrel(4140,4150,416R,etc.)? Are they torquing down your barrel nut to proper specs? Does your barrel have the proper gas port size(this is way overlooked but probably the biggest problem out there) for its gas system and barrel length? A lot of ARs out there can finish low round 1-day AR classes which are 500rds and below but how will they fair in a 2 to 3 day AR class that is well over 1,000 rounds.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's pretty simple. Parts quality and attention to detail when they assemble them. Is your buffer tube made from 6061 or 7075?
    Aluminum buffer tubes. How old. Now you can get a 416 stainless steel buffer tube. Says to be the strongest buffer tube on the planet. Lifetime warranty.
    Only $128

1715117184321.png

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Aluminum buffer tubes. How old. Now you can get a 416 stainless steel buffer tube. Says to be the strongest buffer tube on the planet. Lifetime warranty.
    Only $128

View attachment 351379
    Some quick research says that the buffer tube on the Saint Victor 5.56 is made of 7075-T6 aluminum.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Some quick research says that the buffer tube on the Saint Victor 5.56 is made of 7075-T6 aluminum.
    Should have applied purple. Here goes again...
    If you don't have one of these stainless steel buffer tubes your AR-15 drops down a few tiers. We all know the most expensive parts is what makes it a top tier firearm.

I'll say this if you aren't paying attention on an AR build it can get expensive quickly. I know from experience.

I've got a few AR-15 and an AR-10 that I spent way to much on parts, and I could have bought a decent brand name rifle for less especially on those black Friday sales.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Feeling a little better today after my PSA upper on a F1 lower were accepted by EBT and Medicaid...
    I carry my Anderson Poverty Pony AR every where. Everyone just steps aside and I go to the front of the line at the grocery to cash in my EBT. People don't bit*h when I leave my 78 Econoline sitting at the pump and go in to get my daily scratch-offs. People respect me :oldwise:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Should have applied purple. Here goes again...
    If you don't have one of these stainless steel buffer tubes your AR-15 drops down a few tiers. We all know the most expensive parts is what makes it a top tier firearm.

I'll say this if you aren't paying attention on an AR build it can get expensive quickly. I know from experience.

I've got a few AR-15 and an AR-10 that I spent way to much on parts, and I could have bought a decent brand name rifle for less especially on those black Friday sales.
    I`m not an "AR guy". My firearms have always been handguns for self-defense and long arms for hunting. When I decided to get the Saint Victor, I did the best research I could do, and talked with knowledgeable people to get their take. The thing I didn`t get to ask was, "What separates the higher-grade carbines from the mid-tier rifles"? I had to research that part, but still don`t know that I fully understand. The best I can tell is, higher grade carbines have better barrels, meaning they should have a higher shot count life, and, internal parts like the bolt and bolt carrier group are better grade materials, so they should have a longer life and hold up to higher shot counts as well. Then there are some creature comforts, such as handles under the forearm, and things like that. What am I missing? Help me to better understand what separates the different classes of rifles.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I`m not an "AR guy". My firearms have always been handguns for self-defense and long arms for hunting. When I decided to get the Saint Victor, I did the best research I could do, and talked with knowledgeable people to get their take. The thing I didn`t get to ask was, "What separates the higher-grade carbines from the mid-tier rifles"? I had to research that part, but still don`t know that I fully understand. The best I can tell is, higher grade carbines have better barrels, meaning they should have a higher shot count life, and, internal parts like the bolt and bolt carrier group are better grade materials, so they should have a longer life and hold up to higher shot counts as well. Then there are some creature comforts, such as handles under the forearm, and things like that. What am I missing? Help me to better understand what separates the different classes of rifles.
    I think a lot if it is the quality of those putting the rifles together. So I think you are paying for experienced know how, and having the brand name etched on the lower and possibly the upper receiver.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    IMO,
    You have good understanding of the ”classes”. You get what you pay for do most shooters need a top of the line AR. Nope unless you are training on the ragged edge of have a high risk job.

A SA Saint is a good AR it will probably outlive you. It’s a good rifle is it a top of the line no will it be fine for 99% of shooters yes.

Have you attended a AR class ?
    If not this is an upcoming event it’s $120.00 you don’t have to a be a AR guy to attend. You get a chance to check out other setups and test you skills.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    IMO,
    You have good understanding of the ”classes”. You get what you pay for do most shooters need a top of the line AR. Nope unless you are training on the ragged edge of have a high risk job.

A SA Saint is a good AR it will probably outlive you. It’s a good rifle is it a top of the line no will it be fine for 99% of shooters yes.

If not this is an upcoming event it’s $120.00 you don’t have to a be a AR guy to attend. You get a chance to check out other setups and test you skills.

Attend the class @gregr and I'd bet money your Springfield would perform just fine...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    IMO,

Brad you should make a list of the different AR's that run reliably, and those which you have personally seen do not.
    I believe that would help people decide on which one is reliable, and good to go vs those that are problematic.
    IMO that would be more useful than a unproven tier list.
    Feeling might get hurt, but truth usually does hurt.

Top Bottom