• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They've turned down LAPD's offer, after it was learned that LAPD wanted them to pose for a photo op and pay the taxes on truck that would replace the one LAPD destroyed while they were attempting to murder the two women. Can't say as I blame them. Now they've just got to file against LAPD and let the lawsuits begin.

No New Truck for Women Shot During Dorner Manhunt | NBC Southern California

I'd like to say it's unbelievable but we all know better.

ETA: WTF, were they contestants on the Price Is Right?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Good for them... I hope they ****ing sue that department into oblivion and I'm glad all the citizens of that city are going to have to fit the bill. Serves them right for allowing those idiots to operate the way they do.....

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    102 rounds hit the truck, not counting the stray shots. FIRE FOR EFFECT!! :ar15:

But they went home safe and that is all that matters. I'm guessing the officers down range were in the safest position once the shooting started as several parked cars and houses were hit. I'm not some crackshot but hell, I'll be within at least 20 feet of my intended target about 70% of the time.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can hear it now....

"...Ladies and gentlemen of the court, the defense would like to point out that it wouldn't have been nessesary for the LAPD to shoot up the subjec- ...err, citizen's truck if the citizens were not brazenly driving a vehicle similar to a dangerous fugitive!!! Besides, this sort of thing happening is just the cost of business living under the watchful jurisdiction of the finest combat - err.. I mean police force in the history of the world... That's right! The good officers should be thanked for this service!"

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    All eight officers who attacked the innocent women are still employed by the LAPD. No report of charges filed against them either. What does it take to fire a bad cop? Why are they protected? This was utterly indefensible.

Protecting these goons just sets up more innocent people for being terrorized in the future. It damages the public perception of law enforcement and makes life that much harder for good cops.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All eight officers who attacked the innocent women are still employed by the LAPD. No report of charges filed against them either. What does it take to fire a bad cop? Why are they protected? This was utterly indefensible.

Protecting these goons just sets up more innocent people for being terrorized in the future. It damages the public perception of law enforcement and makes life that much harder for good cops.

This comes as no surprise. To fire them admits to wrong doing on the dept.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Speaking strictly to the truck replacement issue...

"You tried to murder the woman, now you're telling her she can't have a four-wheel drive, you're telling her she can't sell it and you've got to be taxed on it?"

Is the original a 4x4? Can't sell? I am sure the department would love to simply cut you a check for the appraised value of your older vehicle. This isn't a profit situation.

The women no longer want the truck after they were told they needed to fill out a 1099 form for the donation, Jonas said Monday.

End Scene.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Normally I am solidly supporting the police, but in the case of LAPD, those clowns need a huge attitude adjustment and the high ranking elite need to be kicked to the curb. LA is a war zone and LAPD is just as much to blame as the gangs.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It was an isolated incident.
    They were just trying to get home that night.
    Why do you guys always bash cops?
    Those women were probably scumbags.
    We don't know the whole story.
    It's a really hard and dangerous job.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It was an isolated incident.
    They were just trying to get home that night.
    Why do you guys always bash cops?
    Those women were probably scumbags.
    We don't know the whole story.
    It's a really hard and dangerous job.

I got your back and fixed it for ya.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It defies my understanding that anyone would expect a person to pay tax on restitution for damaged property.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Unions? :dunno: Helmet is on, and fireproof suit.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Normally I am solidly supporting the police, but in the case of LAPD, those clowns need a huge attitude adjustment and the high ranking elite need to be kicked to the curb. LA is a war zone and LAPD is just as much to blame as the gangs.

It seems to me that, as in Jamaica, the LA police are just another gang.

Top Bottom