Should known gang leader be granted an Illinois carry permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Known leader of the Latin Kings has applied for an Illinois concealed carry permit and cook county wants to file an objection. The gentleman has a F.O.I.D. card and holds no felonies.
    What say you INGO? Should he be considered a "proper person" for his known gang affiliation?

https://www.suntimes.com/25162259-761/latin-king-leader-wants-to-conceal-and-carry.html

I've run across many people who would deny firearms to Republicans and conservatives just "because."

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    IF he qualifies and meets all legal criteria then YES, he should be allowed.
    Heck, he might even follow the law closer because he doesn't want to lose it. Purple if you think it looks better.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can a guy become a gang "leader" without racking up some felonies?

Wow, 12 arrests and no convictions. Must have one hell of a lawyer.

Please look up "stricken off with leave to reinstate". You will see this time and time again out of Cook County. Just talk to the coppers here on INGO, they see it when running histories, sometimes page after page after page.

Cook County is enormous, only so many courts and so much time to try cases. All kinds of stuff gets thrown into the hopper, the SA cannot get to everyone.

Take a cow and put it in a handcranked meat grinder. You get the analogy.

If the applicant meets the criteria, then he gets a license. If Sheriff Dart wishes to file an objection, then have him object and set it for admin hearing.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Why exactly is this "gang leaders'" personal information(application for CCW) being made public? So is Illinois going to report on anyone that is applying for a CCW? DOnt get me wrong, I would never stand up for an obvious gang leader but it does NOT change the fact that someone in Illinois state government office divulged personal information. If the gang banger is relatively smart with a lawyer he should cash in on the fact that the state office violated his right to privacy.

Top Bottom