So now we as parents cant control what our own children eat for lunch.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is really scary. Why should the burden be placed on the parent "for medical purposes"? If you want to look farther, I know Doctorate level men that are working for the Dept of Ag, that are setting up a program where EVERY farmer can only plant what the gov tells them, and use only the seed or breeding stock that the gov allows. We have seen the cases where farmers are in legal trouble for planting their own seeds, and not using the genetically modified (mutilated) seed from Monsanto.

Has anyone else notice the rise of people developing very serious health problems with gluten related foods was never even heard of until the genetically modified crops were fully in place?

Feed the masses mandated food to make them sick, and then control the healthcare....Tom Clancy could have written this mystery.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    The hypocrisy is even better. If you don't pay the lunch fees for the crap the kids won't eat they don't get a full lunch but a PB&J and a milk. Thankfully we get to pay more for our daughter's meals to support those kids getting 2x free meals a day.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I'm sorry, but I would be at the office the first thing in the morning and advise them that this is MY child, not theirs. And if they have a problem with what I feed MY child, then we can take this to the next level. I am very sorry to hear this. Put up a good fight, contact and attorney, and set an example. I wish this would happen to me...I'd be glad to be boisterous!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Call me skeptical. What school? We have the Federal lunch program and there's no such rule I've seen. If there were, I wouldn't enforce it.

There's no letterhead, and why Mark out the name of the school official? Everything they do that isn't individualized is public domain.

I'll need more evidence before I buy this. Sorry. What preschool is it? That'd be a nice start. Btw, our district has a preschool program, as well, and some of their parents pack lunches all the time. This may be the local school doing this for some reason and blaming the Feds. I'd really look into the source of it, if I were in your shoes, then publicise it, but with much more detail.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm with Principal Sknr here, I have never relieved a notice from school that wasn't on a school letterhead of some kind.

I can't speak for what goes on these days, but in my years in public school (admittedly over 25 years ago) I never saw letterhead and every note was on paper without letterhead ranging from goldenrod to mint green.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    FLorida has the same Federal rules as Indiana for food programs. I'm always cautious to do it, because there's plenty of dumb stuff out there that is real, but no I'm ready to call BS on the original Floridian who made this claim. Still, the school personnel could have done it and tried to blame federal law.

Public schools aren't the only fertile ground for dumb ideas. Anywhere people gather, dumb ideas can sprout.

The lesson here...question everything. Especially in the political forum.

Thanks for clearing it up, Gunner.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I emailed Linda Brooks asking her for more info. She replied promptly:

Hello,

Like I said on my blog, out of the safety and well being of my children and other children at the school, I will not be naming the school. But I got the doctor's note to let my son bring a bagged lunch from home.

Thanks,
    Linda

Top Bottom