The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    But he was a biter .... a dog biterr, a person biter !
    I'd hate to get all of those shots, DM. Hang Tough CZicko !!!
    Thank you.
    I laid in bed this morning with a sense of dread. Over the shots, over the slim chance of getting rabies, and over the shots. I hate shots.
    But honestly, the dread was worse than the shots.

Oh and he was cornered, by a dog doing her thing, and its idiot owner not letting the kids just fight it out.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thank you.
    I laid in bed this morning with a sense of dread. Over the shots, over the slim chance of getting rabies, and over the shots. I hate shots.
    But honestly, the dread was worse than the shots.

Oh and he was cornered, by a dog doing her thing, and its idiot owner not letting the kids just fight it out.
    Yeah, if you caught the rabies and showed-up at the range ..... snarling, drooling, trying to bite your compadres. That's bad business, DM.

So I certainly agree, the right choice is the shots ! :thumbsup:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yeah, if you caught the rabies and showed-up at the range ..... snarling, drooling, trying to bite your compadres. That's bad business, DM.

So I certainly agree, the right choice is the shots ! :thumbsup:
    I think I read last night that it can take up to 8 weeks to incubate, with the first sign being irritation of the wound site. Then you die. I guarantee you I’m going to bang myself up over the next 8 weeks, and that crazy incubation period would drive me nuts. Every shin bang I would be like “I shoulda got those shots”!

I do need to come up with a gag to make me foam at the mouth though.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I think I read last night that it can take up to 8 weeks to incubate, with the first sign being irritation of the wound site. Then you die. I guarantee you I’m going to bang myself up over the next 8 weeks, and that crazy incubation period would drive me nuts. Every shin bang I would be like “I shoulda got those shots”!

All I can is you better get that Toyota finished fast….

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

A little dawn dish soap goes a long way.

Something my mother used to remind me to watch them words. It was very effective.
    That was done after the rod of correction was applied.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Dang it this hurts!!

So, after working on my FJ til about 1:30 or so, while taking a few peeks outside for the northern lights, finally pull up a chair to a nice bed of coals and enjoy the show til about 3:30.
    On the way in dog charges across the yard after something, starts tussling with a raccoon. She’s 60-70 pounds of go-get-em, but this is a big coon.
    I get too close and the coon gets me!
    Scariest thing I’ve had happen in a while. Into a 20 hour day and this coon has me mostly by the pants right above my boot and I’m trying to shake it off! Mostly by the pants but I end up with a decent puncture on my shin.
    Go in clean it up, peroxide, shower, laying in bed googleing about rabies and thinking about 21 shots in the stomach vs grandkids here and more on the way, and everything else the future holds, and I’m thinking ‘meh, I think that coon looked pretty healthy’.

Wife won’t have any part of that!

Just got like 6 shots all over, shin, legs arms, and have to get a few more over the coming days.
    Muscles are aching now!

Stupid should hurt.
    Dude, that sucks. I'm sorry you are having to go through that.

Top Bottom