The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    @indyblue here is one for you from Mecum on Friday
    IMG_5990.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

Went on Friday as that was the only day that worked for us to go while my brother was in town for my daughter's grad school graduation.

Would have liked to watch some big $$ car go across the block later this week , but got to see some $1m+ cars that would go across later in the week out in the display areas.

I honestly didn't take a ton of pics. Most of my pics were of FJ's, C-10's, old style Broncos, etc

My brother was busy checking out the mustangs (he had a 68 coupe and a 73 Mach when we were kids)

Last edited:

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Dang it this hurts!!

So, after working on my FJ til about 1:30 or so, while taking a few peeks outside for the northern lights, finally pull up a chair to a nice bed of coals and enjoy the show til about 3:30.
    On the way in dog charges across the yard after something, starts tussling with a raccoon. She’s 60-70 pounds of go-get-em, but this is a big coon.
    I get too close and the coon gets me!
    Scariest thing I’ve had happen in a while. Into a 20 hour day and this coon has me mostly by the pants right above my boot and I’m trying to shake it off! Mostly by the pants but I end up with a decent puncture on my shin.
    Go in clean it up, peroxide, shower, laying in bed googleing about rabies and thinking about 21 shots in the stomach vs grandkids here and more on the way, and everything else the future holds, and I’m thinking ‘meh, I think that coon looked pretty healthy’.

Wife won’t have any part of that!

Just got like 6 shots all over, shin, legs arms, and have to get a few more over the coming days.
    Muscles are aching now!

Stupid should hurt.
    Yikes! That sucks. You gotta work on that punting kick if you’re going to go after coons without bullets. Or stock up some pitchforks around the place.

How’s your dog? Did she get bit?

Firehawk

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Years ago when my oldest was 2, we were taking our dog out to do his business. I hear my son ask “Daddy can I pet the kitty?” I turn around and he’s walking towards the biggest opossum I’ve ever seen! He was within 15ft of it and it was not backing down, hissing and showing its teeth. I pulled my son back right away and took him inside. Our dog (previous dog) couldn’t have cared less about that opossum. When I went back out it was gone. I tease my son now whenever we seen an opossum (from a distance) “Hey Son, you want to pet the kitty?”

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yikes! That sucks. You gotta work on that punting kick if you’re going to go after coons without bullets. Or stock up some pitchforks around the place.

How’s your dog? Did she get bit?
    I heard her yelp as they were going at it and she was trying to retreat.
    I looked and looked and I couldn’t see any marks, and she didn’t act like she was hurt. She should be up to date on everything.

Firehawk

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I heard her yelp as they were going at it and she was trying to retreat.
    I looked and looked and I couldn’t see any marks, and she didn’t act like she was hurt. She should be up to date on everything.
    Glad to hear she’s ok.

I have no idea what our dog would do if he saw a raccoon. I’d say it’s probably 50/50 he’d either attack and rip it to sheds or try to sniff its butt.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Finally got a day off this week, still at Fort McCoy but get out of here on Friday. Our train up week for the EIB/ESB/EFMB candidates is over and they start testing tomorrow. Combat PT test starts at 0330 tomorrow morning then they hit day and night land nav after that. We do weapons lane on tues, medical on wed, and patrol lane on thurs, if they make it to friday then they have the 12 mile road march, kick them out after that and I hit the road. My lane has grenade ID and grenade throwing, move a casualty under fire, and move under direct fire. Land nav usually drops a ton of students and day 2 with grenades is also a big drop event as well. If you've never handled a real M67 or a the fused dummy they're actually a bit heavy and people have trouble chucking them with some accuracy the 35m required, especially the females, I predict after a bit you will see this event go away now that more females are competing.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Finally got a day off this week, still at Fort McCoy but get out of here on Friday. Our train up week for the EIB/ESB/EFMB candidates is over and they start testing tomorrow. Combat PT test starts at 0330 tomorrow morning then they hit day and night land nav after that. We do weapons lane on tues, medical on wed, and patrol lane on thurs, if they make it to friday then they have the 12 mile road march, kick them out after that and I hit the road. My lane has grenade ID and grenade throwing, move a casualty under fire, and move under direct fire. Land nav usually drops a ton of students and day 2 with grenades is also a big drop event as well. If you've never handled a real M67 or a the fused dummy they're actually a bit heavy and people have trouble chucking them with some accuracy the 35m required, especially the females, I predict after a bit you will see this event go away now that more females are competing.
    I'll never forget the 300# drill picking up the 150# private and throwing him over the wall and jumping over on him when he dropped one of the live ones we threw in basic.

Top Bottom