• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I drive below the speed limit every day on I70 headed to downtown. I leave early and try to relax while taking my time getting to work. I want that trip to be nice and slow. For me riding in my car either listening to music or praying is more calming than being in a hurry to get to work.
    But, there are three lanes going in my direction. I stay in the middle which leaves the right lane for all vehicles entering or exiting the highway and the left lane for those whom wish to go fast.
    Thats how i travel in multi lane highways. Always believed the center was the safe and correct lane. Don't remember anything on my test about 3 lanes

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I drive below the speed limit every day on I70 headed to downtown. I leave early and try to relax while taking my time getting to work. I want that trip to be nice and slow. For me riding in my car either listening to music or praying is more calming than being in a hurry to get to work.
    But, there are three lanes going in my direction. I stay in the middle which leaves the right lane for all vehicles entering or exiting the highway and the left lane for those whom wish to go fast.
    Why not take the surface roads instead of the interstate? Then you can drive even slower. :thumbsup:

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Why not take the surface roads instead of the interstate? Then you can drive even slower. :thumbsup:
    It wouldn't be the same going stop light to stop light. Part of the reduced stress trip is setting the cruise and just holding the wheel while the crazies go on by. It is relaxing. Plus this is pre-dawn; before 6:00 am; not much flowing out there.

Sometimes a white Dodge Ram Cummins zooms past me; must be doing 90? As we own a Ram 2500 Cummins, it is enjoyable to hear the roar of the diesel suddenly appear from out of nowhere and then its tail lights quickly fade once again into the darkness.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It wouldn't be the same going stop light to stop light. Part of the reduced stress trip is setting the cruise and just holding the wheel while the crazies go on by. It is relaxing. Plus this is pre-dawn; before 6:00 am; not much flowing out there.

Sometimes a white Dodge Ram Cummins zooms past me; must be doing 90? As we own a Ram 2500 Cummins, it is enjoyable to hear the roar of the diesel suddenly appear from out of nowhere and then its tail lights quickly fade once again into the darkness.
    When I have to go in to the office, I'm on 465 by 5:15 a.m. and it's already crazy busy by then. Going under the speed limit in the center lane will get you killed.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Sounds like your purposefully trying to obstruct traffic and cause an accident.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There is not a single driver that KNOWS when you merge into traffic the driver in your merge lane is under no obligation to yield the right of way. The obligation to MERGE is on the merging driver. The safety factor is on them not you. You are driving down the **** road. :dunno:
    FIFY

Reactions: Mij

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You Indy people don't know how good you have it. Your rush hour is our everyday on I80/94 and I65 in NWI.
    IKR? Yesterday on the southern Indiana freeway of IN-60, on the commute into downtown Mitchell, there was a truck towing a trailer, hauling a run down old yard barn, blocking the entire westbound lane. I bet traffic was backed up 2-3 cars deep. Traffic was snarled for moments. They don’t know how good they have it. :)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Thats how i travel in multi lane highways. Always believed the center was the safe and correct lane. Don't remember anything on my test about 3 lanes
    And that is wrong. The center lane is for vehicles driving faster than the right lane and the left lane is for vehicles going faster than the the center lane. The center lane is not a zone out lane where you get to cruise slow and relax…

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    You Indy people don't know how good you have it. Your rush hour is our everyday on I80/94 and I65 in NWI.
    Many years ago, one 4th of July weekend, I was going up I65 and then headning west onto 80/94. I was on a 1973 Honday CB750. I spent something like 45 minutes on the interchange loop from I65 before getting onto 80/94. It was so hot. I kept shutting off the bike to limit getting it too hot. The only relief was when traffic briefly crept beneath 80/94.
    Yes 80/94 is a terrible stretch. No matter how much they develop it, there are not enough lanes.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And that is wrong. The center lane is for vehicles driving faster than the right lane and the left lane is for vehicles going faster than the the center lane. The center lane is not a zone out lane where you get to cruise slow and relax…
    What I was taught in driver's ed is pretty much what they said, right lane was for vehicles entering and exiting, center was for through travel, left for passing.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    City people use to lines, lights, and medians on the road tend to drive very slowly on country roads. It is like they fear every car coming toward them is going to be a head on collision, especially at night. I have had quite a few that nearly came to a stop when driving at night in front of me.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    This is fact! I call the Borman ...Kamikazee 94, and I65 is the NWI Killing 500.
    Rain, sleet, snow, winds, its 75+ either road.
    ISP? LOL. Only doing Security during construction and blinding lights at night along with Highwaymen.
    Wish we had those cameras taking pics at least 15 mph over limit. Plenty of business there folks.
    add: Lets all give each other a little space too. !/2 a car length at 75 mph. Yep, looks great.

I rolled up to a 9 car collision off Cline last week on off ramp. 2 schools busses, 3 Semi rigs, and 4 passenger cars. Guess it was all that speed limit and correct distance between that made that happen. Gosh lets keep that insurance premium paid in full! You need it!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom