• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A CIA retiree has come forth to share that he believes that his political activism and that of others may not have been such a good idea. It is just a shame he didn't think of this a year and a half ago.

Byron York: Former top spy rethinks: Maybe we shouldn't have attacked a new president

This is scary, not only that it is but that our legislators apparently accept it:

Trump's fellow New Yorker, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, warned the president against messing with the spy organizations. "Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday of getting back at you," Schumer said in January.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Trump needs to get a big broom and clean house.

Several of these maybe?

Harlow_1428948954_stpsweep.JPG

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's not scary, that's common sense.

I believe you are missing my point. While you are correct at a practical level, do you not find it disturbing that we have people in the shadows who can do so much to undermine our ostensibly free republic, and that our elected officials live alternately in fear of them or in a symbiotic relationship with them?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe you are missing my point. While you are correct at a practical level, do you not find it disturbing that we have people in the shadows who can do so much to undermine our ostensibly free republic, and that our elected officials live alternately in fear of them or in a symbiotic relationship with them?

The presidency has the same types of power, as does several other bodies. And some don't even need to be in the shadows.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The presidency has the same types of power, as does several other bodies. And some don't even need to be in the shadows.

Are you really thinking this through? You have not accounted for the fact that these are invisible and more important unelected people holding our elected government hostage, at least to the point where our lawmakers fear them and things like this happen when anyone actually tries to clean up government.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No, not like that at all. Those aren't even related. More like, firing someone to stop the progression of an investigation.

Presumably you refer to Comey. The only thing I see wrong is that Trump should have fired him about ten minutes after he was sworn in. The man had already proven by that point that he was an incompetent/dishonest partisan hack.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you really thinking this through? You have not accounted for the fact that these are invisible and more important unelected people holding our elected government hostage, at least to the point where our lawmakers fear them and things like this happen when anyone actually tries to clean up government.

Holding them hostage with what? Information? If it's false information, that's an issue. If it's factual, it isn't. The former, I will point out, isn't substantiated.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Presumably you refer to Comey. The only thing I see wrong is that Trump should have fired him about ten minutes after he was sworn in. The man had already proven by that point that he was an incompetent/dishonest partisan hack.

Saturday Night Massacre, falls into that category as well.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Holding them hostage with what? Information? If it's false information, that's an issue. If it's factual, it isn't. The former, I will point out, isn't substantiated.

I can't really say with certainty, but Schumer made it clear that he is afraid of them sufficiently to consider crossing them a really bad idea for himself and for Trump. That in itself is unacceptable.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can't really say with certainty, but Schumer made it clear that he is afraid of them sufficiently to consider crossing them a really bad idea for himself and for Trump. That in itself is unacceptable.

It the intelligence agencies believe that the POTUS is a shill for a foreign power, I hope, no, expect, that they would actively work to expose him.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It the intelligence agencies believe that the POTUS is a shill for a foreign power, I hope, no, expect, that they would actively work to expose him.

You're moving the goalposts. Schumer warned Trump of vindictiveness, not having supposed wrong-doing exposed.

Now, if we want to consider the merits of the issue, how do you reconcile this as a 'righteous' act while they supported someone who was accepting large amounts of cash in a very thinly veiled quid pro quo arrangement with a number of foreign entities?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The CIA is supposed to know EVERYTHING outside of the U.S. borders. (broad statement).
    I can't think of a single govt agency up top that doesn't want all the power and leverage they can get.
    Just use J.Edgar as an example and imagine the path it's laid out for all future ops.
    This kind of power can be used for individual play, structured power gains, and gross misuse not intended for any one agency.
    When the C.I.A. laughs at the questions then who's going to smack 'em on the pee pee and put them back in line. They've got their arses covered with so many layers of shills that we'll NEVER know what's up with them.
    Any conjecture as to what's going on really is just a wild guess, stab in the dark, or alcohol induced paranoia.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're moving the goalposts. Schumer warned Trump of vindictiveness, not having supposed wrong-doing exposed.

Now, if we want to consider the merits of the issue, how do you reconcile this as a 'righteous' act while they supported someone who was accepting large amounts of cash in a very thinly veiled quid pro quo arrangement with a number of foreign entities?

The president suffers from the same faults. Regardless of what one believes, the president has repeatedly sought to undermine the intelligence services... He's done so selectively, too. When the focus is on people he considers enemies, its a good thing; heck he even encourages them to investigate foes... but when they are investigating things close to him, then it's an issue. That's hypocrisy. If he lives by the sword, don't be surprised if you die by one.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is the problem with shadows. They allow all sorts of molds, fungus and rodents to breed unchecked. The less of them the better.

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Doug

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So our intelligence agencies are now domestic law enforcement agencies?

Top Bottom