• Status
    Not open for further replies.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Jordan Ramos, 21, claims discrimination after being told she was “obviously pregnant” and “not pretty enough” to dance on a platform at The Union Bar in Iowa City.

'It made me start questioning myself and thinking, "Are my friends so much better than me?"

article-2136824-12D2D20E000005DC-419_468x286.jpg

Jordan Ramos: College student's outrage after bouncer wouldn't let her dance on Iowa City bar | Mail Online

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sooooo, no ugly fat chicks? Does that mean that pretty fat chicks are OK? or ugly skinny chicks are OK???

:yesway:

Yeah I know many pretty fat chicks and ugly skinny chicks as well.
    Being fat doesn't make someone ugly just like being skinny doesn't make them beautiful.
    That's just the BS people believe if they watch TV. :rolleyes:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Hey that kinda looks like a seriously whaled up version of one of my ex's when she was 21.. . Opps i didn't say that!

I have to applaud the bouncer.. Clearly they are looking out for her and her unborn child safety. It would be sad if anything happened to the unborn child.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Entitlement mentality at work, folks.

She should sue them for the emotional distress they have caused her. Dr. bills should be covered as well for the psychiatrist she is now having to see for said emotional distress.

:rolleyes:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    The bar is not owned by the government, it is owned by an individual. That individual hires people to keep his bar "under control." If they felt she shouldnt be up there for whatever reason, than thats it. She wasnt obligated to go to the bar, and if she didnt like it she could leave.

Thats the beauty of owning your own business, you can make your own rules (obviously within reason).

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Seriously guys, this girl is not overly fat or even close to being ugly. She really doesn't look much different from the girls standing behind her.

The girl wasn't wanting to dance on a pole for money. She was out partying with her friends and wanted to dance on the platform with them. According to the article they wouldn't let her dance on the platform area due to her size. They insinuated she was pregnant as a "nice" way of saying she is fat.

I believe the bar people were being as*es and her rights have been violated. I just think it is wrong for the bar to pick & chose who gets to dance there based on their appearance.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...college-student-claims-discrimination-at-bar/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom