Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I bought a Harley back in the 70's and they guy I bought it from said to chain it to something that doesn't move or it will get stolen. Later was at a bar and a couple of guys ran out because a truck rolled up and some guys jumped out and picked up and threw a Harley into the back of the truck and drove off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl. Klinger View Post
    Boomhauer? Is that you? Or is it a pirate?

If you read his posts in a pirate voice it's works pretty well.

?.......Ain't likely matey.......if had factory alarm,with'a '12 model yr.......ain't gonna ride it unless you within 3' with the FOB.....dis-connects ECM,fuel,starter......all'at jazz yarrrh! when ya walk away from the bike.......not that it won't stop'em from take'n it......they'll rollup with a van,side doors open, them scurvy dogs!, roll 'at thing on'a mattress,up,in,an' Ahoy.......only takes seconds.....alarm sound'n will help......but not stop it.......got mine set sensitive 'nuff.......if ya brush the seat......it'll scream. Avast!

An' the fork lock?.......Pffffft........couple'a quick hard jerks in opposite direction by them bilge rats.......snap them things in'a blink.......only 'bout a 1/4" pin,shear them things easy..... hang em by the yardarm..Arrrrrr!!

Good luck........
    Sincerely, R. Lee Obvious, Ph.D.

I'm always trying to make a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert8645 View Post
    Dude, got me hard. Not like, hard hard... But you got me. Hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider_50 View Post
    .......Yup.......Prolly on it's way ta S. America,in pieces.......the usual destination of'em.........

?.......Ain't likely.......if had factory alarm,with'a '12 model yr.......ain't gonna ride it unless you within 3' with the FOB.....dis-connects ECM,fuel,starter......all'at jazz when ya walk away from the bike.......not that it won't stop'em from take'n it......they'll rollup with a van,side doors open,roll 'at thing on'a mattress,up,in,an' away.......only takes seconds.....alarm sound'n will help......but not stop it.......got mine set sensitive 'nuff.......if ya brush the seat......it'll scream.

An' the fork lock?.......Pffffft........couple'a quick hard jerks in opposite direction.......snap them things in'a blink.......only 'bout a 1/4" pin,shear them things easy.....

Good luck........

* Update* Bike was recovered. My friend saw it at Holt and Washington on his way in to work today and called 911. IMPD responded and pulled it over. Here is where it gets interesting. The thief was not arrested. Apparently, Patrol officer Monica Hodge cut the guy a break because she belived his stories and he is related to a few cops. She said she was handing it over to Avon Police. Have called Indiana State police and they said the guy should have been arrested. Called a supervisor at IMPD who will look into it. Not impressed with IMPD at the moment.

What was the guys story that could even be somewhat believable?

Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddieReigns View Post
    What was the guys story that could even be somewhat believable?
    That's two of us.

CLICK HERE FOR TRUTH!

MORE TRUTH

First he said a good friend of his was offering to sell it to him for 5k and he didn't know it was stolen. Then he said he was driving it all weekend. Then he offered to take my friend back to get his saddlebags which had been removed. Then he said he didn't really know the guy who was trying to sell it to him very well. The cop name dropping is what got him off.

Lame.

That musta been one smoooooooth rap the thief laid on the IMPD officer.
    I don't carry a gun because I live in fear; I don't live in fear because I carry a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by deal me in View Post
    First he said a good friend of his was offering to sell it to him for 5k and he didn't know it was stolen. Then he said he was driving it all weekend. Then he offered to take my friend back to get his saddlebags which had been removed. Then he said he didn't really know the guy who was trying to sell it to him very well. The cop name dropping is what got him off.
    Just because he was arrested on the spot doesn't mean charges can't be filed. Was there any damages that are indicative of theft?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast