• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought a Harley back in the 70's and they guy I bought it from said to chain it to something that doesn't move or it will get stolen. Later was at a bar and a couple of guys ran out because a truck rolled up and some guys jumped out and picked up and threw a Harley into the back of the truck and drove off.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Boomhauer? Is that you? Or is it a pirate?

If you read his posts in a pirate voice it's works pretty well.

?.......Ain't likely matey.......if had factory alarm,with'a '12 model yr.......ain't gonna ride it unless you within 3' with the FOB.....dis-connects ECM,fuel,starter......all'at jazz yarrrh! when ya walk away from the bike.......not that it won't stop'em from take'n it......they'll rollup with a van,side doors open, them scurvy dogs!, roll 'at thing on'a mattress,up,in,an' Ahoy.......only takes seconds.....alarm sound'n will help......but not stop it.......got mine set sensitive 'nuff.......if ya brush the seat......it'll scream. Avast!

An' the fork lock?....:rolleyes:...Pffffft........couple'a quick hard jerks in opposite direction by them bilge rats.......snap them things in'a blink.......only 'bout a 1/4" pin,shear them things easy..... hang em by the yardarm..Arrrrrr!!

Good luck........

pirate2.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :yesway:.......Yup.......Prolly on it's way ta S. America,in pieces.......the usual destination of'em.........

?.......Ain't likely.......if had factory alarm,with'a '12 model yr.......ain't gonna ride it unless you within 3' with the FOB.....dis-connects ECM,fuel,starter......all'at jazz when ya walk away from the bike.......not that it won't stop'em from take'n it......they'll rollup with a van,side doors open,roll 'at thing on'a mattress,up,in,an' away.......only takes seconds.....alarm sound'n will help......but not stop it.......got mine set sensitive 'nuff.......if ya brush the seat......it'll scream.

An' the fork lock?....:rolleyes:...Pffffft........couple'a quick hard jerks in opposite direction.......snap them things in'a blink.......only 'bout a 1/4" pin,shear them things easy.....

Good luck........
    Boomhauer_by_the_chosen_pessimist.jpg

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    * Update* Bike was recovered. My friend saw it at Holt and Washington on his way in to work today and called 911. IMPD responded and pulled it over. Here is where it gets interesting. The thief was not arrested. Apparently, Patrol officer Monica Hodge cut the guy a break because she belived his stories and he is related to a few cops. She said she was handing it over to Avon Police. Have called Indiana State police and they said the guy should have been arrested. Called a supervisor at IMPD who will look into it. Not impressed with IMPD at the moment.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    First he said a good friend of his was offering to sell it to him for 5k and he didn't know it was stolen. Then he said he was driving it all weekend. Then he offered to take my friend back to get his saddlebags which had been removed. Then he said he didn't really know the guy who was trying to sell it to him very well. The cop name dropping is what got him off.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    First he said a good friend of his was offering to sell it to him for 5k and he didn't know it was stolen. Then he said he was driving it all weekend. Then he offered to take my friend back to get his saddlebags which had been removed. Then he said he didn't really know the guy who was trying to sell it to him very well. The cop name dropping is what got him off.

Just because he was arrested on the spot doesn't mean charges can't be filed. Was there any damages that are indicative of theft?

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    When the thief name dropped his cop relative, Officer Hodges went back to her patrol car and made a call on her personal cell phone. Then she came back out and let the guy go.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Supervisor at IMPD said the cop didn't do anything wrong and now he is going contact the FOP and go after my friend for making allegations of police misconduct. Whatever that means. Suupervisor said the thief wasn't arrested because it had been 2-3 days since it was stolen.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This doesn't sound kosher. How can they let him go for the reasons stated? I've seen too many people arrested for a lot less than that. I REALLY hope there is some embellishment taking place on the part of your friend.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    This doesn't sound kosher. How can they let him go for the reasons stated? I've seen too many people arrested for a lot less than that. I REALLY hope there is some embellishment taking place on the part of your friend.

No embellishment. Friend is level-headed, responsible individual. I'm listening to his end of the phone conversations with IMPD.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just because he was arrested on the spot doesn't mean charges can't be filed. Was there any damages that are indicative of theft?

Uh...err....riding a stolen bike....uh...err...knew where the saddle bags were.

Edit...Idiot kid ran a red light and hit my sons car broad side totaling it and sending both my kids to the hospital with injury's. Witnesses put the idiot kid in the wrong. Idiot kid had no currant DL, idiot kid had no insurance, idiot kid had no registration and the plates were not to the car the idiot kid was driving. I could smell pot 5 feet from the idiot kids car. Idiot LEO (female) let idiot kid leave with his even more idiotic mother. I protested and was almost arrested. I had to foot all the expense for the accident on my vehicle. Un-insured coverage had to kick in and my rates went up. Idiot kid strolled free of any responsibility. Tried suing....Idiotic mom and kid were no where to be found.

Life is a carnival.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Don't motorcycles need keys? I assume your friend didn't leave them in it.

Actually most Harleys DO NOT need the keys to start and run. All you have to do is walk up and turn the knob and drive off. That is if you don't have the ignition locked. Even then a determined thief doesn't need keys.

Harleys also do not have a start in gear safety or a kick stand safety just FYI.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Since the police supervisor actually threatened to "go after" my friend we're considering the next step. Formal complaint, contact DA and/or news media. Any opinions?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom