Pressure Cooker found under a tree, 5 ft from Elementary school in Florida.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Prolly just has a clock inside.:rolleyes:

The camera man is so bored right now... just checking on random stuff... "IS THAT A DEAD BODY OV.... ah, no... just a manhole cover. *sigh*..... oh look, pedestrians.... alright better look at the cooker again.... ooo a bird"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Three questions:

1) Was there a chicken inside,
    2) if so, will this result in chicken soup?
    3) Do they have enough for me to join?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't they need to be plugged in to work? Is it plugged in?

What's the logical conclusion of this feed? Will a bomb squad detonate it? That might be cool to watch, I guess.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BOOM! They shot it or something.

I mean... the thing they put next to it shot it. The Pressure Cooker didn't do anything, just fell over.

That was riveting.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

What's the logical conclusion of this feed? Will a bomb squad detonate it? That might be cool to watch, I guess.

I think they are normally on the stove, but there may be electric ones.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Could probably run a dangerous google search, but I wonder if you could run it until there was a s-ton of pressure, hook it up to a battery pack to maintain the pressure, then deliver it where it needs to go. Maybe rig a capacitor of some sort to deliver a jolt.

I can remember reading about the Boston incident, something about how they actually faulted part of the structure to give it a directional component.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I've stopped googling canning recipes for fear of ending up on the watch list.

edit: Looking at the picture more closely, It almost looks more like a crock pot than a pressure cooker.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ok, so you guys realize "pressure cooker" bombs dont have to be plugged in or on a stovetop to work right? They aren't cooking anything, simply acting as a pressure vessel to amplify the explosive blast. The explosives and shrapnel are allowed to build to a higher pressure before the container bursts.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Ok, so you guys realize "pressure cooker" bombs dont have to be plugged in or on a stovetop to work right? They aren't cooking anything, simply acting as a pressure vessel to amplify the explosive blast. The explosives and shrapnel are allowed to build to a higher pressure before the container bursts.

Yes, but if you don't plug them in or use a cooktop then you don't get the best flavor infusion from your herbs.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've stopped googling canning recipes for fear of ending up on the watch list.

edit: Looking at the picture more closely, It almost looks more like a crock pot than a pressure cooker.
    Kinda looks like either an electric pressure cooker or a rice cooker to me.

ElectricPressureCookers.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

n00b

Yes, but if you don't plug them in or use a cooktop then you don't get the best flavor infusion from your herbs.
    ^^^ this

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

thank you, sir buzzkillington

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    "Instant Pot"? Wow, takes it from seeds to dried herb in hours rather than months or something? Hey, I know "instant" is sales hype, I may be demented but I'm not stupid, duh.

Top Bottom