• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I started a new job recently and was trying to get to know a person at work, I asked if he had any firearms and he replied that he had a few. He started to tell me some things that did not make any sense but I kept listening as I didn't want to come across as know it all, when I asked what brands did he own I was told that he had a handgun Sig/Glock combo and that is when I just walk away. I don't understand why someone would look really stupid talking about something knowing nothing about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've got one of those atwork. Last week he claimed he tried to shoot a possum in the head with a 303 Brit at point-blank range and it bounced off its skull without harming it. :rolleyes:

MrAverage

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Terre Haute
    I'm guessing they were in management....likely upper management. Or they have management potential and should be directed to that career path.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I just say yeah uh yeah the whole time I am telling myself "why are you talking".
    I recently had a guy tell me his background check came back in less than 2 seconds because he was in "black ops"!
    He also stated that he was allowed class III weapons without any special license.
    So I asked him to buy a M2 with a shoulder holster for me and I would pay him back.
    He agreed but has said nothing futher about it in the past six months.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    It's those plastic guns... you can take top off of one and put it on the bottom of another one, that's how you get the combo. Wait... you would have 2 combo guns. Gotta get me some plastic guns.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There was a guy where I used to work that claimed he had 2 full auto AKs, not that that would be too unusual, but he supposedly acquired them by means of a tornado dropping a gun safe in his yard! He also claimed that he once was pulled over for speeding, and he held the officer at gun point because the cop was out of his jurisdiction, and when the right PD got there, they all laughed and sent him on his way without so much as a ticket.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Loose lips sink ships.
    I need to know people pretty well before I talk to them about guns. Otherwise, I just tell them I have a Sig/Glock combo. ;)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Loose lips sink ships.
    I need to know people pretty well before I talk to them about guns. Otherwise, I just tell them I have a Sig/Glock combo. ;)

This is what I was thinking reading these posts. I don't even portray that I am a gun owner to anybody. If they find out, it's because we have known each other long enough to have a relationship of some kind and they are into guns.

Otherwise, most people would be surprised that I have anything to do with firearms. Some people have known me for 15+ years and don't know I have guns.:)

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I agree With not displaying your knowledge of firearms.
    I just let them tell me fantastic stories about weapons along with the other crap that comes out of there mouth.
    I just nod at them I really enjoy when more than one is present and they "one up each other"!

Never heard of the safe in the yard one before!

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    There was a guy where I used to work that claimed he had 2 full auto AKs, not that that would be too unusual, but he supposedly acquired them by means of a tornado dropping a gun safe in his yard! He also claimed that he once was pulled over for speeding, and he held the officer at gun point because the cop was out of his jurisdiction, and when the right PD got there, they all laughed and sent him on his way without so much as a ticket.

Waiting for the spoof thread for both of these.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I wish there were more bold folks willing to normalize guns, ownership and usage casually and conversationally instead of generally hiding any such association or even knowledge of the subject

...but, to each their own.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    :lmfao:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wish there were more bold folks willing to normalize guns, ownership and usage casually and conversationally instead of generally hiding any such association or even knowledge of the subject

...but, to each their own.

I AM
    that guy

But I have a big mouth, and generally a lack of concern about feelings. It's one of the reasons why I work where I do.
    Also, a big mouth, coupled with being a small kid (back in the day), tended to get me in a LOT of fights.

I work in Chicago, it is not a good career move to discuss firearm ownership

I would do it just to see if I could get someone to faint.

My locker at work is filled with pics of me shooting guns.
    One of my "new" bosses decided to say if I didn't get some paperwork done HIS way, he'd KILL me.
    I could see the look on his face as he remembered those pics.
    To recover, he said that HE doesn't NEED a gun. That back in Philly, he was the "enforcer" of his neighborhood.
    My words were.... "whatever dude".

Then I proceeded to do the paperwork my way.
    I'm still there.
    He's not.

My attitude has not changed. I think if it was going to, it would have happened by now.

Just a note, I think that boss was my 20th boss.
    But I could be wrong, I'm starting to lose track of them.

Top Bottom